Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Baby's Latest Obsession...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:48 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

We have a washing machine with a glass lid so that you can watch it wash your clothes. I admit it is neat to watch but it has completely blown my 9 month old's mind. I was doing the laundry yesterday and I sat her down on top of the washer for a second while it was running so I could get a dryer sheet (I was right there with my hand on her so relax). She's watching the washer and I said "Whatcha looking at baby girl?" She pointed at the washer and said "Ooh! Mama ooh!" So I stood there with her for a few minutes and let her watch but when I tried to pick her up, she started crying. So we watched it for another minute or two before I just hit the button, shut it off, and told her it was done. When I got in the living room, I told my oldest to go turn the washer back on for me. Now she keeps crawling over to the laundry room door and banging on it saying "Mama oooh!" It's very cute and annoying. What are the chances that she will still be this excited about laundry when she is old enough to do her own? Probably slim to none huh.

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjchick75
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:00 AM

I have a front load washer and dryer. My kids love to sit in front of them and try to pick out their favorite clothes as they spin around lol. "There's my Minnie shirt!" "No that's my princess shirt!" "No that's my dinosour shirt!" "No that's Minnie's ear, it's my Minnie shirt!" That's what I hear constantly if they are down in the basement while I'm doing laundry. My sister was over here one day and they were doing that and she said "Don't by them toys, buy them a dryer!" lol.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:26 AM

That is hilarious! It's like HDTV!

Quoting jjchick75:

I have a front load washer and dryer. My kids love to sit in front of them and try to pick out their favorite clothes as they spin around lol. "There's my Minnie shirt!" "No that's my princess shirt!" "No that's my dinosour shirt!" "No that's Minnie's ear, it's my Minnie shirt!" That's what I hear constantly if they are down in the basement while I'm doing laundry. My sister was over here one day and they were doing that and she said "Don't by them toys, buy them a dryer!" lol.

Smokeygirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:57 AM
My 1.5 year old loves watching our front loader "I see, I see" is all I hear when I'm doing laundry. She can reach the buttons though, and is known to turn off the washer mid cycle :(
motherknowsbes1
by Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
How cute!
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 1:27 AM

Oh wow! That's funny. My 3 year olds love to push the buttons so I sit them on top of the washer and tell them what buttons to push to start it. I also let them pour the laundry detergent and fabric softener. 

Quoting Smokeygirl: My 1.5 year old loves watching our front loader "I see, I see" is all I hear when I'm doing laundry. She can reach the buttons though, and is known to turn off the washer mid cycle :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 1:32 AM
Samsung recalled ours for the lid supposedly can fly off - stupid thing I just bought it 4 months ago.Anyway one of my teenagers enjoys laundry the other hates it so maybe she'll be on the loves it side too.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 2:43 AM

Lol that would be great. My oldest loved doing laundry when he first started doing his own but now the novelty has worn off and he will wear the same shirt for a month if I don't make him wash his clothes. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Samsung recalled ours for the lid supposedly can fly off - stupid thing I just bought it 4 months ago.Anyway one of my teenagers enjoys laundry the other hates it so maybe she'll be on the loves it side too.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 19, 2017 at 2:49 AM
Ours was a top loader that you could watch as well. I LOVED it and so did our kids. :)
ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 2:52 AM
My 15 month old is into sitting inside the washer and having me spin it. She finds it hilarious
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 2:55 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Samsung recalled ours for the lid supposedly can fly off - stupid thing I just bought it 4 months ago.Anyway one of my teenagers enjoys laundry the other hates it so maybe she'll be on the loves it side too.

We have a Samsung toploader :/ Sometimes it sounds like the whole thing is going to fly away haha!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)