Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I couldn't stand it anymore *update with question*

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:50 PM
  • 90 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

So I dyed my hair today. This is the darkest it has ever been. And in the right light it shimmers blue. I love it.
Have you ever changed your look on the spur of the moment?

*UPDATE* As it has been established by several eagle eyed commenters, I am in desperate need of a haircut. The problem is, apart from "long layers" I never really know what to request for a cut. I rarely go straight with my hair. Usually it's either like this 

Image may contain: 1 person

(That was from when I first got the ombre done, and it was done in long layers with a frame around my face) 

Or, if I haven't washed my hair that day, and also not bothered to straighten it, more often than not it's this

Image may contain: 1 person

So, now that you know more about the texture of my hair, give me some suggestions for cuts. I'd like to keep at least enough length to pull into a ponytail or a braid. Apart from that I'm open. Help me find something new. 

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:52 PM
It suits you, looks like your own of those people that can wear any colour.
beckalovesdough
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Lol. Yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Yes. One time I chopped my long waist length blonde hair off right at mid ear level and dyed it red
beckalovesdough
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Cut it soon.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:54 PM
I have gotten permanents on a whim before. In the 90s lol.
Rydersmommy616
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:55 PM
I like it ! I think it looks pretty
TheAnnieMac
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I tend to stick toward dark browns and reds. This is the first time I've gone blue-black, or any kind of black really. I have considered going blonde, but the upkeep is too much as my hair is naturally very dark. My last salon visit gave me a beautiful honey ombre, but that's been almost 3 years ago now and it was looking rough. 

Quoting Princess_s21: It suits you, looks like your own of those people that can wear any colour.

woolftwo
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:59 PM

That really looks great on you, surprisingly very natural looking. My look is always the same and no color added, wish I could play with colors though.

TheAnnieMac
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:59 PM

Big day! Did the stylist try to talk you out of it? Every time I try to cut a lot of my hair off they ask me a hundred times if I'm sure and ask what my husband will think. Poor things, I think they get a lot of women who think they want to cut off all their hair and then they hate it once it's done. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes. One time I chopped my long waist length blonde hair off right at mid ear level and dyed it red

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:00 AM
I have, and I usually regret it. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)