Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you lol @ things you probably shoudn't? df thinks we are all nuts

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:51 PM
  • 19 Replies

Df thinks my family is a tad bit cruel.   we were talking  about family living wit us. and when i was growing up we always had either my great grandparents live with us or my dads mom, or my aunts and uncles.  and hes like where did you put everyone the house wasnt that big.  so i told him who went where. and my grandmother (dads mom) lived in the basement apt.  df was like didnt you say she had no legs? and i said yes she had ms really bad she couldnt even use her hands. so he laughed and was like you stuck a handicap woman in the basement?  so i told him thats not all, after she moved in my parents hooked up a baby monitor just in case she needed something during the night.  one night someone called the phone and she cursed out that phone. my parents overheard her on the baby monitor saying "go ahead ring again you pain in the ass, i dare you" she was getting more and more pissed. so my dad every now and then on nights she was mean to the nurses my dad would prank call her.  df was  like damn, when im old and have no where to go stick me in a home it sounds safer.

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
belle2780
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband thinks it's weird I laugh at most scary movies and that I like cult classic films like rocky horror or 80s cult scary movies like Friday the 13th. He goes it's all fake how can you laugh at it. A friend of his told him that's what makes it funny, sure there are parts we might jump at but a lot of times it's so outlandish at what's attacking you or how much blood there is, how can you not laugh. 10 years and I am still trying to get him to laugh. I think it's a lost cause, but I got our 9 year old laughing at the cheesy movies like army of darkness. He knows it's fake and it's not ok to do those things in real life but he still finds it funny as a movie plot.
l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:00 AM

does ur husband watch those movies? df is a big ol chicken he cant watch horror movies.  when he does he puts the blankets over his head when the music starts to change

Quoting belle2780: My husband thinks it's weird I laugh at most scary movies and that I like cult classic films like rocky horror or 80s cult scary movies like Friday the 13th. He goes it's all fake how can you laugh at it. A friend of his told him that's what makes it funny, sure there are parts we might jump at but a lot of times it's so outlandish at what's attacking you or how much blood there is, how can you not laugh. 10 years and I am still trying to get him to laugh. I think it's a lost cause, but I got our 9 year old laughing at the cheesy movies like army of darkness. He knows it's fake and it's not ok to do those things in real life but he still finds it funny as a movie plot.

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:23 AM

BUMP!

belle2780
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
He sits with me but he is usually on his phone. He very rarely actually sits and watches it and when called out on it goes cause it's a dumb movie yet he will watch all those crime shows about real life on the ID channel lol.

Quoting l.a.m.b:

does ur husband watch those movies? df is a big ol chicken he cant watch horror movies.  when he does he puts the blankets over his head when the music starts to change

Quoting belle2780: My husband thinks it's weird I laugh at most scary movies and that I like cult classic films like rocky horror or 80s cult scary movies like Friday the 13th. He goes it's all fake how can you laugh at it. A friend of his told him that's what makes it funny, sure there are parts we might jump at but a lot of times it's so outlandish at what's attacking you or how much blood there is, how can you not laugh. 10 years and I am still trying to get him to laugh. I think it's a lost cause, but I got our 9 year old laughing at the cheesy movies like army of darkness. He knows it's fake and it's not ok to do those things in real life but he still finds it funny as a movie plot.

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 3:02 AM

bump for laughs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 3:36 AM
I have a cousin who did not take care of his diabetes, and was blind and in a wheelchair when his parents died.

(My aunt died first. My uncle died less than a year afterwards. The nice thing would be to say he died of a broken heart. The mean thing is to admit he didn't take care of himself or my cousin, and kept trying to talk his daughter into moving in with them by guilting her that they couldn't figure out their medication schedules and they didn't have food or know how to do laundry.)

Anyway, my mom dropped everything and flew out when my uncle died. She did not want her niece trying to figure out how to get rid of all the decades worth of junk all alone. My cousin was in his 30s, but they were putting him in a nursing home. He only had so much room for personal belongings there. He had an expensive comic book collection. My mom took it to a comic book store. The person behind the counter said it was too many comics. He didn't have time to go through it. My mom said fine, to keep it, and left the comics there. DH was shocked by my mom telling this story. He asked what she'd told her nephew. She said no one told him anything. Then she burst out laughing and said he's blind. Why would he notice the absence of his comic books? DH was pretty certain my mom was crazy and selfish.
Racer15
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 3:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm an ER nurse. Dark humor is how we cope. If you're not laughing you're crying. I prefer to laugh.
ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 19, 2017 at 4:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Reading this made me laugh lol.

For me laughing is a coping mechanism so I definitely laugh at inappropriate times.

Like they say "if you don't laugh, you cry"
ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 19, 2017 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Just said this exactly lollll never tied it in to nursing but now that I think about it, it makes sense lol

Quoting Racer15: I'm an ER nurse. Dark humor is how we cope. If you're not laughing you're crying. I prefer to laugh.
Racer15
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 4:18 AM
You have to find humor in situations that most people don't understand or you'll never br able to cope. Dead babies, sexually abused kids, rape victims. It's why I can cry with a mother that just found out her four year old has cancer and then go into the next room smiling like nothing's bothering me.

Quoting ninjakids: Just said this exactly lollll never tied it in to nursing but now that I think about it, it makes sense lol

Quoting Racer15: I'm an ER nurse. Dark humor is how we cope. If you're not laughing you're crying. I prefer to laugh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)