Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Furious!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

My kids and I have lived with my disabled mother since my separation two years ago.  My mother is negligent at best, but my oldest is 16 so I'm not too concerned about them being alone.  

I very, very rarely go out.  Like, almost never.  Last month I decided to take a photography class that runs on Wednesday nights for 8 weeks.  Tonight was the first night.  Great first class!

But when I got home, the house REEKED!  My daughter had turned the oven on to cook frozen pizzas for supper and didn't look in the oven.  I had put the large Rubbermaid container in there the other day to hide the cupcakes from my son who keeps sneeking a cupcake before supper.  I didn't tell my dd, my dd didn;t look in the oven, and sure enough, the whole thing melted.  

-_-  The one night that I go out and do something for myself.  The one fucking night.  FML

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, sorry, I'm laughing with you not at you. It reminded me of a night a left my almost adult kids home. The fire department was in front of my house when we got home.
sahmlvnv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Don't feel too bad. I've done that myself a few times, and I'm a grown adult
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol I'm so mad!  But like, funny mad.  I just can't get over the fact that this stuff only happens when I'm not home.  My mother is 67 years old!  She's basically another child!  I asked her what she was going to do when we moved out next spring and she stared at me and said, "I'm going to have a party!"  Lol omg!

What did your kids do that the fire department was there?

Quoting iwicked: Lol, sorry, I'm laughing with you not at you. It reminded me of a night a left my almost adult kids home. The fire department was in front of my house when we got home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:10 AM

My dd was so upset.  She was bawling her eyes out and she has a final in the morning.  Poor kid.  I wasn't that mad.  I'm just glad that no one was hurt.  The house smells terrible.  She's coming home to help me clean up the oven and try to get of the smell.  I have to say that she did a pretty good job of cleaning up.  She got most of it.

Quoting sahmlvnv: Don't feel too bad. I've done that myself a few times, and I'm a grown adult

Devilish_One
by Princess of Darkness on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:15 AM
At least the house didn't burn down!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:16 AM

Yes, thank God!

Quoting Devilish_One: At least the house didn't burn down!

Devilish_One
by Princess of Darkness on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:17 AM
Mistakes happen

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yes, thank God!

Quoting Devilish_One: At least the house didn't burn down!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:20 AM
For heaven's sake. What a silly thing to be upset about. Accidents happen. No one was hurt. Relax a little. I hope you enjoyed your photography class. Do you have any homework for next week?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:26 AM

I knoq.  You're right.  I was just so disappointed though.  

I told dd that I'm not mad.  I'm very glad no one was hurt.  Poor kid felt terrible.  

The class was good, thanks.  I found out that I know nothing about my camera or photography!  Lol  I have to take pictures of the alphabet in my surroundings.  Like if some branches make the letter F, or something like that.  This assignment is to have us use the camera and get a feel for it.  We're supposed to take pictures in semi-automatic if we feel comfortable.  If not, use auto and get a feel for the camera.

Tomorrow night I'm in a succulent terrarium class.  I teased my dd that I had better come home to a solid house and no dead bodies lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: For heaven's sake. What a silly thing to be upset about. Accidents happen. No one was hurt. Relax a little. I hope you enjoyed your photography class. Do you have any homework for next week?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:32 AM
Nice! Have a good time.

Just for the record, my mom stores pans in her oven. I can't count how many times I've turned it on while visiting and forgotten to look, only to have to pull smoking pans out before putting whatever in. Luckily, they're cast iron, so nothing melts, but you'd think I'd learn. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I knoq.  You're right.  I was just so disappointed though.  

I told dd that I'm not mad.  I'm very glad no one was hurt.  Poor kid felt terrible.  

The class was good, thanks.  I found out that I know nothing about my camera or photography!  Lol  I have to take pictures of the alphabet in my surroundings.  Like if some branches make the letter F, or something like that.  This assignment is to have us use the camera and get a feel for it.  We're supposed to take pictures in semi-automatic if we feel comfortable.  If not, use auto and get a feel for the camera.

Tomorrow night I'm in a succulent terrarium class.  I teased my dd that I had better come home to a solid house and no dead bodies lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: For heaven's sake. What a silly thing to be upset about. Accidents happen. No one was hurt. Relax a little. I hope you enjoyed your photography class. Do you have any homework for next week?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)