Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well. That was painful.

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:01 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I hurt. I found a picture of myself a few months after Z was born. It's motivated me, as I was in pretty dang good shape then.

I started working out yesterday. 2 days down! My routine is the pictures above (although I can only do 1 set of the second one), as well as this...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1389655051084604&id=237615359621918

My abs, sides, legs, arms... my whole body is sore and tired. I love it though. It sucks, but I'm doing it. Once a day. 30 min of making myself healthier.

The hardest thing is food. At night I love to snack. So, tonight I drank a cup of milk and my water bottle of water (always carry it around). I still wanted something, so I ate a small salad. I'm better now. :)

My goal is to be in better shape by fall.
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:07 AM

You know, I am going to steal those ... when we finish moving, that will be good to get me motivated. 

kcangel63
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:13 AM
I'm broken. Lol

I'm so sore today, but feel great. Does that make sense? Lol

I know I'm bettering my body. After a couple weeks I won't hurt so bad. Plus, day 1 I had to rest 4 or 5 times during my 15 push-ups. Yesterday I didn't rest! Yay!
We will see how today goes.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

You know, I am going to steal those ... when we finish moving, that will be good to get me motivated. 

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:18 AM
I doubt that I could even do the top one. Don't end up like me if you can avoid it! GL
kcangel63
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:33 AM
Have you looked into DDP Yoga? It's a great way to workout, stretch, and rehab your body.

Quoting WickedOpal: I doubt that I could even do the top one. Don't end up like me if you can avoid it! GL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM
I wish I could motivate myself to work out like that. I'd love to lose a lot of this extra weight but my knees suck and if I get on the floor I can't get up again lol. Good luck!
kcangel63
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:47 AM
That's how I was getting out of bed today. Like a turtle on its back. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wish I could motivate myself to work out like that. I'd love to lose a lot of this extra weight but my knees suck and if I get on the floor I can't get up again lol. Good luck!
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
No I haven't, but now I'm interested. Like this and I'll Google it when I get home from work.

Quoting kcangel63: Have you looked into DDP Yoga? It's a great way to workout, stretch, and rehab your body.

Quoting WickedOpal: I doubt that I could even do the top one. Don't end up like me if you can avoid it! GL
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:53 AM
I'm three weeks postpartum today. I can't wait but am also dreading getting back to exercise and getting in shape lol.
kcangel63
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:57 AM
Congratulations on the new baby!

I was in pretty good shape when I got pregnant. I stopped exercising because I was so nauseous through the whole pregnancy. Ugh. I've got to start all over.

Quoting CheerioHolder: I'm three weeks postpartum today. I can't wait but am also dreading getting back to exercise and getting in shape lol.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:33 PM

I have no doubt that it is going to be VERY painful for me but I will keep telling myself ... it's worth it. 

Good luck to you on reaching your goal!! 

Quoting kcangel63: I'm broken. Lol I'm so sore today, but feel great. Does that make sense? Lol I know I'm bettering my body. After a couple weeks I won't hurt so bad. Plus, day 1 I had to rest 4 or 5 times during my 15 push-ups. Yesterday I didn't rest! Yay! We will see how today goes.
Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)