Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously video games are that important!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I'm a little pissed so this might be all over the place, a friend of my daughter asked me for a ride home after the basket ball game tonight, I had a fundraiser meeting at the school so I wasn't going home. I gave her my phone to call her father and ask if he was ok with my son driving her home, he didn't answer she kept saying "yeah he won't answer he has headphones on" and "he's busy on a call" So my son went home and my daughter stuck around with her friend.

After we dropped the friend off my daughter let it slip that the dad was playing world of war craft and his raid ended at 8 which is why he couldn't pick her up when the game was over at 7. If I hadn't had a meeting my son would
Have brought my daughter home and that poor girl wouldnt have had a ride and would hanve been stuck at the school for over an hour in the cold and dark and the band teacher would have had to wait with her because he can't leave a kid alone.

Not only did he not pick his daughter up so he could play video games but he couldn't even bother to make sure his 14 year old daughter had secured a ride he just assumed someone (me because I've done it before) would take his kid home. What the actual fuck!? The last time I drove his kid home it was because his girl friend was there and he didn't want to leave the house! Seriously if you're going to act like a horny teenager then let the kid live with her fricken mom!

I honestly don't mind giving any kid a ride home usually but the fact that he just expected that someone would pick up his slack is not ok. Plus since my son drives now I don't go to pick up unless he's not coming straight home otherwise he brings his sister home and I get a break from playing bus driver
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:17 AM

He doesn't sound very responsible. There's a time for play and a time for work. 

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:17 AM
He sounds like a teenager.
miss-karla
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:18 AM
Send him a msg
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:20 AM
I'm waiting until a calm down a bit because I don't want to say something I'll regret. plus I don't want to cause issues between my daughter and her friend.

Quoting miss-karla: Send him a msg
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:23 AM
Raids have to be very structured, I'm a gamer myself just not wow. I think it's shitty he put a game over his kid like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:32 AM
Really it's not the game played, people have their hobbies could be bowling or whatever, BUT no matter what I make sure my child is taken care of first. I would never expect my child to just find their own way home. I mean I've been busy and not able to pick a kid up from an activity, the difference is I make sure someone else can bring my kid home and if not then I will leave early or whatever to pick my kid up.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Raids have to be very structured, I'm a gamer myself just not wow. I think it's shitty he put a game over his kid like that.
AngelSinger
by Angel on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:34 AM

I don't get it myself. I have a friend whose ex doesn't work or play with his kids...just plays video games. He got angry when his mom planned a surprise birthday party on some fantasy football night thing. 

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 5:11 AM

Where is this child's mother?

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 5:56 AM
There is an Aid in Mt company who doesn't work Wednesdays because that's when her guild plays. Honestly,She is the best employee I have
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:15 PM
She lives in a different town both this girl and her brother live with day primarily.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Where is this child's mother?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)