Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idk what to expect.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I have to go to a wake Saturday.
The GM of the store I work at, his father passed away. The owner is requiring all managers not scheduled attend the wake and/or funeral. I will be attending the wake Saturday. I can't attend the funeral sunday as im scheduled to work. I've never been to a wake or funeral. What is it exactly? What do I wear? What do I expect?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:55 AM
Help???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:00 AM
Anyone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:04 AM
K then.......
Lacry94
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:05 AM
The funerals I usually attend, people wear mostly black or dark colored clothing. I'd say something casual. Also its just a casket of the deceased and family or friends either standing or walking around talking. And possibly a small service.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:05 AM
Dress pants and blouse
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Wear conservative clothes in dark colors.

Be polite to everyone.

Do NOT check your phone at any point during the services.

Offer your condolences to the other attendees.

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:07 AM
It's just a service to show respect to the family and usually view the deceased in the casket. They don't usually have a speaker at a wake..just go, tell the family you are sorry for their loss, hang out for a little while and leave.

They may or may not have food, like a reception. It just depends on the family. I would wear conservative clothing in muted colors.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
They are doing food, I know that because the owner of the company is paying for it and I was the one who called the restaurant today to set everything up.

I've just never been to a funeral or wake at all so when he said management members were required to go i was like uhhhhh ok

Quoting DensHag: It's just a service to show respect to the family and usually view the deceased in the casket. They don't usually have a speaker at a wake..just go, tell the family you are sorry for their loss, hang out for a little while and leave.

They may or may not have food, like a reception. It just depends on the family. I would wear conservative clothing in muted colors.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:14 AM
So it's like an actual service? The funeral itself is Sunday and I won't be attending that

Quoting B1Bomber:

Wear conservative clothes in dark colors.

Be polite to everyone.

Do NOT check your phone at any point during the services.

Offer your condolences to the other attendees.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:58 AM
It's quiet and reserved, lots of small talk. Maybe coffee and pastries. Wear "church" clothes in darker colors.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)