Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't think I was wrong here at all

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I currently live in an apartment (but yay me am under contract on a house closing the end of next month). Everyone has a numbered assigned parking space and then there are extra spaces on the end after the numbers for tenants only. There is a big sign that states this. My space is the last numbered one before the extra parking. So for weeks there has been this specific car parking in my spot. I tried asking around and even left notes on the car asking them not to park there as it was a specific spot for my apartment. So tonight they have done it again and I've had it. We are all issued a tow card and management always tells us if someone's in your spot have them towed. So tonight I called the tow company. They sent someone out and took pictures which include the car, my spot number and the sign in front of my car. As they go to hook up some guy comes running over from the complex across the street freaking out. The tow guy hasn't hooked up yet so tells him he can go this time after the guy swears he didn't know he couldn't park there and the tow guy pointing to the sign directly in front of his car. The tow guy did tell him now he has his car picture and he would drive by randomly and if he ever sees him there again he will tow him though. But they guy screams at my that I'm a b**ch as he leaves. Was I really that wrong to have him towed?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:21 AM
No. Fuck him. I'd of called after the second time.
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:23 AM

No - he's an ass that was caught.

DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:26 AM
He's just a dumbass that is mad he got caught. Ignore him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:27 AM
Hell no you're totally in the right to have his car towed
anon1986East
by Kali on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:27 AM

Nope, not at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:28 AM
Hell no! I would've called the first time. I just got someone ticketed on Saturday for parking across my driveway. I came home from work and someone was parked across half my driveway. So I'm way meaner than you.
Diiwica
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:35 AM

Not at all. There are assigned spots for a reason, claiming "I didn't know" when there are signs isn't a reasonable answer. He's just mad that you actually did something about it and he can't have his way anymore. Don't let it get to you. Sometimes people just have to learn the hard way. 

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:40 AM
Not at all. He needs to follow the rules or get his car towed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:41 AM
I would have called the second time he did that. Same thing has happened to me. Same car parked in my clearly numbered spot and like you, my spot has the sign right in front saying it's tenant parking only and towing is enforced. A man came out apologizing the first time as I was leaving a note on his windshield..

Second story
They replaced the parking lot in my complex, they did it in 2 waves. One side at a time, so they warned everyone in advance that you would have to use guest parking or park in the surrounding neighborhoods. No big deal.

So this asshole parks his truck in front of my neighbors apt. CLEARLY her spot. It's marked and since he lives here, he knows he can't park there.. this caused my neighbor to have to park her car a few blocks away in the neighborhoods and walk back at night... so when it came time for the other side to be paved, guess what asshole truck owner kept a chair in his spot to make sure no one took his spot.
KoiKamsahamnida
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:58 AM

You arent wrong at all! I would DEFINITELY call again if he does it again. Its his fault for doing it... he must have seen the sign. Once... okay. Id say maybe let it go. Over and over? No. Dude is a fuckshit and he knows it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)