Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SDD'S MOM AGGGG!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

My DH ex is coming from her home state to see SDD and I am not very thrilled , she is not a good mom she always ignored her and gave her what ever she wanted so the child will leave her alone and then what do you know the little girl expected that all the time . which made her mom get mad scream break stuff and scared the girl . Now she wants to come here after she pushed her off on us because she was to much to handle wants to play the good mommy and bring toys and gifts to My SDD. I had just got SDD into a daily routine and getting her to understand we wont yell or break stuff !!

Sorry I am just venting . I love My SDD as much as my other kids and I want the best for her , I do want her to have a relationship with her mom but i want a Healthy one !! as side note SDD is in 50/50 CO agreement  but her mom has not wanted to see her , has called maybe a half dozen times .

so now her mom will be here for a week end I am just worried that all our hard work will be undone 

thank you for reading my vent !

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:38 AM
So take her back to court, get full custody, or push for her to terminate her rights.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:40 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: So take her back to court, get full custody, or push for her to terminate her rights.

DH wont do so unless he feels there's a real danger to  SDD . even though i keep telling him she not right in the head 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:45 AM
She already is, sorry you married an idiot.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: So take her back to court, get full custody, or push for her to terminate her rights.

DH wont do so unless he feels there's a real danger to  SDD . even though i keep telling him she not right in the head 

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:49 AM
It's a hard situation I know, as I've seen it in my husbands side of the family. Especially when they come with all these promises and big ideas then leave and never follow through. It's hard to adjust the kids then. However she is her Mother and has a right to see her you can just hope that it goes as smoothly as possible. Just be there to support your step daughter as much as possible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:51 AM

so far thats been the plan but i know how things will go and when she looks at you and asks why does mommy not want her God damn that hurts !

Quoting Princess_s21: It's a hard situation I know, as I've seen it in my husbands side of the family. Especially when they come with all these promises and big ideas then leave and never follow through. It's hard to adjust the kids then. However she is her Mother and has a right to see her you can just hope that it goes as smoothly as possible. Just be there to support your step daughter as much as possible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:53 AM

He normally is a smart man but on this he dont want to cause waves her family has money he worries about if they get a wild hair up there ass . i get it but aggg !

Quoting Anonymous 2: She already is, sorry you married an idiot.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:53 AM
I know it really does. It's always hardest on the kids ๐Ÿ˜”

Quoting Anonymous 1:

so far thats been the plan but i know how things will go and when she looks at you and asks why does mommy not want her God damn that hurts !

Quoting Princess_s21: It's a hard situation I know, as I've seen it in my husbands side of the family. Especially when they come with all these promises and big ideas then leave and never follow through. It's hard to adjust the kids then. However she is her Mother and has a right to see her you can just hope that it goes as smoothly as possible. Just be there to support your step daughter as much as possible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:55 AM

my own parents did it to me and i had a hard time tusting what people say because of that . always waiting for people to leave me and such .

Quoting Princess_s21: I know it really does. It's always hardest on the kids ๐Ÿ˜”
Quoting Anonymous 1:

lipsis
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:58 AM
Bwahaha! I love how easy this is to do in MC land, and how it would never put a strain on finances or relationships.

We've spent $70,000 in family court over the past dozen years. Many times starting a court process makes things worse, because it motivates the other parent to pretend to do parental things, subjecting the child to more time with that parent than she'd have if you left well enough alone. Then the other parent may come off very well in court, from the sudden burst in parental interest. Leading to even more time of the child being subjected to that parent.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:58 AM
Sorry to hear that. Right it's the constantly being disappointed and the not doing what you say your going to do. My mil had the kids and had to end up saying you can't come around for now as your upsetting the kids so much and lying to them, then they would start acting up on her.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

my own parents did it to me and i had a hard time tusting what people say because of that . always waiting for people to leave me and such .

Quoting Princess_s21: I know it really does. It's always hardest on the kids ๐Ÿ˜”

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)