Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mil asked me to carry

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Mil came to DH and i and asked us to carry a child for her, now i dont know anyone who would feel comfortable with their mil coming and asking this of them but I felt even more weirded out because mil has 9 kids and all her kids have gotten removed from her (the most recent two were 3and6 and they got removed last year).

DH said we'd need to think about this and asked her why she wanted a baby, she went on to explain that she's fucked up with all the other children and her and her boyfriend want a new start and new chance at raising a family together but since she's older she can't.

Tonight DH texted her saying we don't feel confident enough to give her a child, and told her the truth, which in it's self was kinda mean but needed to be said.

She's lost all her kids because she chose drugs and sex over them, when she's strung out she's mean and abusive and she would also vanish days on end leaving the kids with us or at one point alone to fend for themselves, she also hasn't been dating this man long(only about six months). DH grew up with her doing this (she lost custody of him and his four siblings when he was 17 but until then he was the one raising them while she went out to get high, drunk, or knocked up).

Well she's now crying and posting on fb and calling others to try and beg us, Some have said we made the right choice while others have said she deserves the chance to try Again.

Since this DH and I have blocked everyone that's called begging us to help her, and blocked his mother as well, I just don't feel confident that even if she does get a child that she will stay sober I just don't trust her, I don't even trust her near my children she's only met Dd once and she hasn't even met ds (then again he's only a couple weeks old).

Trust me I feel bad for her i can't imagine losing my children but she chose drugs and she chose to vanish all the time...

Just sick of everyone now saying I'm selfish
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:00 AM
Um my response would have been an instant, massive, angry, fuck no! She must be high right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I would not give her a fish.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:02 AM
I would have said no the second she asked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:04 AM
The day she asked we both worked and we're tired definitely not in the mood for one of her fits

Quoting Anonymous 2: Um my response would have been an instant, massive, angry, fuck no! She must be high right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:05 AM
That day DH and I both worked and weren't in the mood for her for if we said no right away

Quoting Seagodess: I would have said no the second she asked.
Lillyshine
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:07 AM
Lol hell no
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:10 AM
I wouldn't of had to even think about it and told her no the second she asked.

All these people who say you should help her, why dont they "help" her instead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:15 AM
My guess because if she loses the kid it'll be there problem

Quoting Anonymous 4: I wouldn't of had to even think about it and told her no the second she asked.

All these people who say you should help her, why dont they "help" her instead.
Handsup4
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:19 AM
I probably would have been speechless or just laughed. She sounds like a nut.
ceeeeg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:21 AM

children should never be born with a 'job'....ever

not to save a relationship, not to help someone 'redeem' themselves, not for financial gain

you should NOT carry a child for her...this chick is out of her mind and just imagine all the weird drama that would ensue with her over the baby...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)