Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is livid and I don't know what to do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 334 Replies
We have 50/50 custody of his 2 kids and I'm scheduled for a neccessary c-section. When the kids are here I am responsible for everything. Taking them to school,picking them up,all their extra curricular plus all the normal stuff. He is mad because a c-section means a longer hospital stay and longer recovery. I will not be able to do a lot of these activities because of surgery. He wanted me to have my step mother stay with us for 6 weeks so she can do all the drivingfor the step kids. Well my step mother said no. She doesn't want to use up all her vacation time. Her and my dad were just going to visit the Sunday after we returned home. Well now my husband is mad at me saying I chose a c-section because I just didn't want to be bothered with the step kids. How can I make him happy and get him to stop yelling at me? There is no way I can drive close to 5 hours a day and do all the stuff the these kids require
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NerdyMom2011
by Becca on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:09 AM
11 moms liked this
Almost the exact same post was posted about a month ago. The only thing missing is the husband telling the doctor that she would not be having a c section and if she did she would not be allowed to come back home.

Husband needs to figure something out for his kids.
beeky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:10 AM
75 moms liked this
If this is true, then you need a new husband.
Mom-does-hair
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:12 AM
3 moms liked this
Have you talked to his ex? I don't know what kind of relationship ya'll have, but the mother may need to help out some in this situation. It's necessary, and he needs to understand that. Has he gone with you to the doctor so he knows why? Maybe you could talk to the doctor prior and they could better explain why you need the recovery time you do. I can't understand this reaction! I assume this is his child as well, and he needs to step up!
Mom-does-hair
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe he should look into a temp sitter or someone to take this responsibility while you recover! Sounds more like a chauffeur, but someone!
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Weren't you going to go live with your mom? I seriously just read this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:14 AM
4 moms liked this
Why are you dealing with him being such an ass? Doesn't sound like he cares about you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:15 AM
18 moms liked this
Well, if he's going to be that much of an ass about it I'd tell him that at the end of the day they are his kids and it's his responsibility to make sure they get what they need, not yours. I'm sure you are getting a c-section for a good reason so he just needs to parent his kids instead of shoving them off on you.
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:15 AM
Yeah right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:19 AM
8 moms liked this
Just tell him to get the hell out with his kids and he can pay child support for this one.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:19 AM

Quoting beeky: If this is true, then you need a new husband.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)