Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone take meds for epilepsy

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:26 AM
  • 5 Replies
And have a time adjusting to it?
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hburnette3
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:34 AM
I do and I did. I took Dilitan for 12 years and it quit working. My husband freaked last year when I had a seizure so he called 911 and I ended up in the emergency room. The ER doctor took me off the Dilitan and immediately put me on a full dose of keppra. (no weaning) it took me 3 months to adjust. My neurologist added Vimpat before I had even adjusted to the Keppra. Thank God she weaned me on it though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:36 AM
My daughter is on lots of meds for epilepsy and has a vns for it. Every time it is adjusted she has a hard time
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:14 AM
Thank you.

Quoting hburnette3: I do and I did. I took Dilitan for 12 years and it quit working. My husband freaked last year when I had a seizure so he called 911 and I ended up in the emergency room. The ER doctor took me off the Dilitan and immediately put me on a full dose of keppra. (no weaning) it took me 3 months to adjust. My neurologist added Vimpat before I had even adjusted to the Keppra. Thank God she weaned me on it though.
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:14 AM
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My daughter is on lots of meds for epilepsy and has a vns for it. Every time it is adjusted she has a hard time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:46 AM
My 17 year old takes Keppra. It was beginning to not be as effective as it shoukd be. The Neurologist has been switching her to Lamictal. It is a process being weaned off one and building up to an effective dose of the other.

I am glad the Keppra is be eliminated. It seemed to be responsible for depression in her. She is so much happier and just feels better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)