Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What an awesome way to start the day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have 2 teenagers. Usually, mornings are pretty hectic and they are generally crabby and picking at each other.

This morning was completely different. We watched Hacksaw Ridge last night and we spent the morning drinking coffee together and discussing WW2 and the differences between Europe and the Pacific and googling facts about Desmond Doss and comparing the movie to reality. We have always enjoyed WW2 movies and my kids have always been fascinated with that era. We have watch Band of Brothers multiple times together but it's been a while since something has caught their attention the way Hacksaw Ridge did. Now I'm excited for them to come home and looking for other movies/documentaries about the WW2 in the Pacific to watch with them. I love it that I'm raising history buffs. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:56 AM
Glad you had an enjoyable morning!
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:57 AM
I love mornings like that with the kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:57 AM
Thank you. It was awesome. I had every intention of crawling back into bed after they left but I ended up drinking coffee with them and getting all energetic lol.

Quoting CheerioHolder: Glad you had an enjoyable morning!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:59 AM
Me too and they are so rare since the kids have become teenagers. Neither of them are morning people usually so most days we are lucky if they get out of the house without starting a war of their own. Lol

Quoting iwicked: I love mornings like that with the kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:59 AM
Lucky you. My kids are the same way. But my grandad fought in WW11 so they are vested in it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:59 AM
Their Dads grandpa was in the Battle of the Bulge and my Grandma's brother was in the Pacific. So mine are too.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lucky you. My kids are the same way. But my grandad fought in WW11 so they are vested in it.
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:00 AM

My man got a bachelors in History. He is obsessed. I love hearing weird facts & information about what he has learned. Awesome!

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:01 AM
Cool! Enjoy your day!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:01 AM
My gramps was an amphibious tank driver and had a purple heart awarded to him. He made us super proud.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Their Dads grandpa was in the Battle of the Bulge and my Grandma's brother was in the Pacific. So mine are too.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lucky you. My kids are the same way. But my grandad fought in WW11 so they are vested in it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:02 AM
My Mom is a huge history "nerd". She never got a degree but she knows more about History than anyone I have ever met. I've grown up hearing stories and I've always been fascinated. I love that my kids share this interest.

Quoting JalynSpoon:

My man got a bachelors in History. He is obsessed. I love hearing weird facts & information about what he has learned. Awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)