Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When's the LAST time your child made you cry......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
And why?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:15 AM
My oldest son (22) makes me cry almost daily. He confessed over the phone he has been using fentanyl and that he has no intention of quitting or getting help. He is an adult and on his own so there is literally nothing I can do but worry.
lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:17 AM
This week they thought I had brain cancer and were afraid to ask :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Wednesday when I was getting ready to leave to work. I've been sick, my dh and I have been bickering, borderline fighting for 2 days. They heard me start my vehicle and me loading my supplies. They all came running out yelling, "Wait, hugs, kisses!" No matter how bad I feel, they can always make it better. Damn do I love my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:48 AM

Please find a way to help him, we had a hand in helping dh's brother get away from this sh*t, we have a long list of friends to mutual people we know who have overdosed and died on that crap, I really urge you to figure something out in order to get him off of it.

Good luck.

We actually sent him away (he was 25) with his dad to camp for 3 months, nowhere to go and nowhere to get it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My oldest son (22) makes me cry almost daily. He confessed over the phone he has been using fentanyl and that he has no intention of quitting or getting help. He is an adult and on his own so there is literally nothing I can do but worry.

Northern.Maple
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:51 AM

To be honest I can't think of any time any of my kids made me cry, I am sure it has happened, but I can't recall anything from the last year or so......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:51 AM
I'm trying. He lives in another state away from any family...So it's harder. Especially since he is currently avoiding communication with me most days. He generally will just shoot me a text that he's alive every couple of days but won't answer his phone or say anything more.

My fiance and I are trying to get together the money to fly out there and confront him in person but I'm not sure how well that will work or go over or if we will even get him to see us. But we have to try something.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Please find a way to help him, we had a hand in helping dh's brother get away from this sh*t, we have a long list of friends to mutual people we know who have overdosed and died on that crap, I really urge you to figure something out in order to get him off of it.

Good luck.

We actually sent him away (he was 25) with his dad to camp for 3 months, nowhere to go and nowhere to get it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My oldest son (22) makes me cry almost daily. He confessed over the phone he has been using fentanyl and that he has no intention of quitting or getting help. He is an adult and on his own so there is literally nothing I can do but worry.

awbredux
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:02 AM

My older daughter, now 15, and I have the same personality.   This has increased the friction during arguments and she really knows how to push my buttons.  I've learned to handle it better than I used to, but there were a couple of times in the past when I went in my room and cried after one of these battles.   Last time was about two years ago. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:04 AM

I really feel for you, my Bil was living with us twice and we had to give him the boot, we wanted to help him so bad but with kids in the house and sketched out friends coming by, we had no choice. We told his parents on him like little school children. but he has been off I guess a good year now, once he got out to camp and was able to do things he likes that he could not in the city. I really hope your son listens and allows you to help him, you need to confront him without sounding like its a personal attack, its hard all addicts feel its a personal attack, I suggest maybe reading up on some ways other people have helped their adult children to kick an addiction, if you were ever able to video him when he is high to show him, do it. We once watched Bil try to eat a hamburger for almost 2 hrs without getting a bite in, he was so messed up on that stuff, it literally makes you a zombie and then you pass out for hours, its sad

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm trying. He lives in another state away from any family...So it's harder. Especially since he is currently avoiding communication with me most days. He generally will just shoot me a text that he's alive every couple of days but won't answer his phone or say anything more. My fiance and I are trying to get together the money to fly out there and confront him in person but I'm not sure how well that will work or go over or if we will even get him to see us. But we have to try something.
Quoting Anonymous 4:

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:08 AM
Only twice, one at birth when they life flighted her to a children's hospital in another state for her heart. And again at 5 when she almost died from complications from heart surgery. She's 12 now and we laugh every day.
Learnedfrommist
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:12 AM
he made a card thanking me for being the best mommy ever about 3 days ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)