Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have cut a family member out of your life, what made you do it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

shrugging

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:01 AM

Sometimes it is best to cut toxic people out of your life. I do not talk to several family members anymore for various reasons. The underlying theme with ALL of them is lying. One steals, one is a junkie, one is just a foul, miserable person, one is a chronic victim. 

And you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:01 AM

My brother isn't even allowed to know where I live. He's a heroin and drug addict and if he knew where I lived I have zero doubt he'd break in and steal from me. He steals from anyone who lets him into their home.

I don't have anything to do with my sister for the same reason. She doesn't do heroin but both of them have stolen from multipe family members including our Mom to feed their habits.

katydid150
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I cut my mother out because she is a toxic narcissistic personality that enjoys stressing me out and mentally and emotionally abusing me.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Drug use... 

My father became a cocaine addict 8 years ago unbeknownst to us.. we found out when my youngest was 3 weeks old. He hid it from all of us..in addition to having an affair. He pretty much decimated my parents' checking account and his 401K and left my mother to clean up his mess. My mother divorced him and he moved back here to Atlanta with his mistress and continues cocaine. I can't trust him around my children since he is doing drugs. I have forgiven him for all of the turmoil he put us through, but I will not allow my children to be around him. He has not seen them in person since my youngest was a week old and my oldest was almost 3. They are now 8 and 11. I send him pictures once a year at Christmas, but that is all the contact we have. He has not made an effort to get clean or to contact my brother or me in years so he gets to live with his decision. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:06 AM
Trump and mental disease.

I had a cousin, all through the election he was saying some pretty horrible things, then when trump won he started calling people monkeys and e most racist things you can imagine. when I called him out on it he threatened my life and my aunt's life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:07 AM
I don't have time for bullshit. I surround myself with people who actively participate in my life and who wouldn't hesitate to be there for me if I need them. As it turns out, most of my family doesn't fit that description.
Manic_Sinner
by ✨Makeup Momma✨ on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I've cut a couple off recently because they're two faced with nothing better to do but gossip and look down on people. I can depend on friends more than my family and it's sad.
AvantGardener
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:08 AM

I don't allow toxic people to stay in my life.

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:09 AM
My niece is a shit show. She uses drugs, has stolen from me and other family members, and has had her kids taken by CPS.

I refuse to be involved in any of the chaos that is her life.
c8ln
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:11 AM

My birth mother is not really part of my life.  She was abusive and finally my dad and step mom got full custody and I went to live with them full time when I was 11.   My half sister never liked me and also is not part of my life.   I see the two of them at certain family gatherings, but our relationship is distant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)