Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are most Republicans

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
Angry about people on assistance? It's not like you are never not going to get taxes taken out of your check, so why get upset that your taxes are feeding hungry children? Aside from finding things such as schools and infrastructure, what would you rather your tax dollars go to? I haven't been on assistance since I was 18 years old and I'm 24 now.. it still doesn't bother me.

Yeah there are people that abuse the system and it may need a little reform, but there are plenty of people that aren't abusing it. This economy makes it so hard to get ahead. It sucks. Everyone has a different situation and I'm sure most are not proud to be on assistance.

Btw, I do not identify as a democrat. This was just my observation in general regarding republicans.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:08 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:09 AM
5 moms liked this
I dont mind feeding hungry children. I mind feeding lazy ass adults who abuse the system.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:09 AM
I'm Republican and I'm not angry.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:10 AM

I wonder that myself. You are never going to see that money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Taxes are illegal. They were only meant for the war, however they were never repealed. I don't have a problem with my tax dollars going to help people. I have a problem that 98% of our tax dollars go to big banks for them to squander.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:11 AM
Most I know only care about the well being of the fetus in the mothers uterus. Once it is out, they bitch about their tax dollars feeding them and housing them... and providing the mother with free birth control to prevent more kids.

Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:13 AM
?

Taxes are for much more than war.

You still need a road to drive on after the war is over...

Quoting Anonymous 4: Taxes are illegal. They were only meant for the war, however they were never repealed. I don't have a problem with my tax dollars going to help people. I have a problem that 98% of our tax dollars go to big banks for them to squander.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:13 AM
Yeah.. this I don't get either.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Most I know only care about the well being of the fetus in the mothers uterus. Once it is out, they bitch about their tax dollars feeding them and housing them... and providing the mother with free birth control to prevent more kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:14 AM
Hasn't the concept of taxes been around since forever? Lol.

Quoting Reading.Rainbow: ?

Taxes are for much more than war.

You still need a road to drive on after the war is over...

Quoting Anonymous 4: Taxes are illegal. They were only meant for the war, however they were never repealed. I don't have a problem with my tax dollars going to help people. I have a problem that 98% of our tax dollars go to big banks for them to squander.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:15 AM
6 moms liked this

There are also plenty of Democrats who are equally as upset with how our welfare system is handled and how many are abusing it.

It's no longer an issue about political party forgiveness or scorn. Yet it's also no longer just about "feeding hungry children." 

It's about an entitlement system in dire need of an overhaul to make it a little more fair for both tax payers (some of which are those on who receive one or more forms of welfare) and those who sincerely need the help.

The anger really isn't directed at those who receive the assistance as much as it is toward the system itself. Those who will insult and belittle others who receive assistance are individuals who will insult and belittle just about anything they don't agree with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)