Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have no interest in sex

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Hope I can post this here....I need to hear thoughts from some other moms...

My husband and I have been married for 6 years. We have two difficult young children and a fairly stressful work life. I love him and I am attracted to him, but I really have NO interest in having sex. He, on the other hand is very interested.

Am I just using life as an excuse, are my hormones off, is my marriage doomed...anyone been there before?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:37 AM

Get some kind of medical test to assess your libido, talk to your gyno about this. I assume your sex drive was fine before your married him. What do you mean by difficult young children? Aren't all young ones difficult? :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:46 AM

I'm the  same. For me it's a body thing. One kid wrecked my body and now I don't even want to look at myself naked. I don't think it's going to end well for me. 

Matka_Kinder
by Tina on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:50 AM

Does your DH help you at home to ease your burden?

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:51 AM
Stress and fatigue can hurt one's sex drive. If you can get childcare, take trip with your dh where you can rest. Sex tends to happen pretty naturally when you're relaxed and we'll rested. If that doesn't work, maybe talk to your doctor about your hormones.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:51 AM
Me too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:57 AM

My best suggestion is to try and be there for your husband.  When I wasn't in the mood I found that the more we made time for sex, the more I wanted it. 

He would even help around the house to try to help ease the burden, so that I was less stressed and could unwind easier.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:04 AM
It's probably hormonal. You are probably low in testosterone. Try some DHEA. It helps your body to make more testosterone. Remember, if you don't give it to him, there's always a chance he will look for it elsewhere. (I'm not saying that's okay, it's just a reality).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)