Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*update 2 *update* He's uncomfortable with my relationship with ex dh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
I've been divorced for 6 years now.

Ex lives 6 hours away and is married to a very lovely woman who I've become friends with. The kids absolutely love her.

I have been seeing this guy for about 8 months now. He's 49 and very successful, was previously married for 15 years with no children. His ex left him for someone else.

He has been making rude comments about the fact that exdh and his wife call every night before bed to talk to the kids for a few minutes and ask them about thier day.

The kids love talking to thier dad and stepmom and thier dad likes to say goodnight to them since he can't be here to tuck them in.
I have no issues with this at all. I think it's nice for them to have that relationship.
Maybe once or twice a month i also talk to ex and step mom just to let them know what's going on with school or activities and stuff. It's just a few minutes.

SO doesn't want him calling the kids all the time or me talking to him.

He also thought it was innapropriate that I met with step mom In December when she was in town for business. She wanted me to help her shop for xmas gifts for the kids and then we took the kids out for dinner.

His only reason for this is that ex's should be kept in the past and he would never call his ex wife. I pointend out that they had no children so he'd have no reason to, but if they had I'd hope for the childrens sake he would maintain a good relationship with her.

I don't think this relationship is going to work out.

Update:
So I called him and right away he could tell I sounded serious.
I told him we needed to talk
He then blurted out
"Don't bother, I already know you're having an emotional affair with your ex, you probably f#*@ at your parents house on christmas"

He then said "I can forgive you but you're going to cut off all contact with him, have I made myself clear"

Lmaoooooooooooo I had to laugh, I couldn't hold it in. It probably want the nicest thing to do but holy batman this guy is whacked.

I just said "the only person I'm cutting contact with is you" and hung up

F'ING lunatic

Update 2: well that was quick.
Step mom called me and said " hey, what happened with you and SO"

I told her I dumped him

She said "he sent me a msg through FB saying that you confessed to having an affair with DH at your parents on xmas" ( she was kinda laughin as she said this)

Ex dh and stepmom came by my parents house after lunch on xmas to pick up the kids to bring to his parents house. They live 4 houses down.

They stayed about an hour while ex dh had a couple beers with my brother and dad in the basement. Step mom, myself and my sister's were sitting on the living room floor helping all the kids put thier new toys together the whole time.

I sent ex SO a msg and told him if he even thinks about harassing myself or anyone close to me i will slap him with a harassment charge and no contact order and should it happen to get out. Say someone let's it slip, I don't think his clients would take kindly to it
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:49 AM
Those are big red flags. Run, run, run.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:49 AM

No, it won't.  He sounds jealous and controlling - never a good sign.

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:50 AM
I'd dump his ass yesterday.
VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:50 AM

You'd be an idiot to stay with him. He's trying to sabotage what sounds like a very healthy co-parenting relationship. 

He doesn't give a fuck about your kids and he's openly being cruel to them by trying to block their father's access to them. He's a real piece of shit. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think so, either.

I mean, you can sit him down and tell him that your number one priority are your children and that means investing in a healthy co-parenting relationship with your ex and his spouse to ensure your kids are brought up in harmony and peace and either he can stay out of the way or get out.--He doesn't have to understand or approve, but his opinion isn't invited and he needs to mind his own business in this affair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:51 AM
It won't need unless he can get over his insecurities.
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:51 AM
Hello, narcissist much? Anyone who can't understand why you do what you do is too busy thinking about themselves. I don't see how that could work for you.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this

You should never date someone who would seek to place themselves above your own children's needs.

sassysuie
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:53 AM
Yea that's not going to work out momma. He has jealousy and control issues.
hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:53 AM

This.  In a big way.

Quoting iwicked: Those are big red flags. Run, run, run.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)