Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stressed and depressed

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:59 AM
  • 9 Replies

My grandma is 81 and suffered a stroke.   Shes in te rehab center.  She also suffers from Alzheimer's.  yesterday was a bad day.  she just doesnt know who anyone is and shes spitting and trying to bite the nurses.  she can hardly walk or use her right hand.  this is her second stroke in 9 years.  i also found out shes going into a nursing home.  she cant be released into my grandfathers home. hes 82 and has cancer , he cant care for her around the clock. 

ugh it sucks.

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:00 AM

BUMP!

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:44 AM
That's a lot. Alzheimer's is really a very sad disease. It's as though you are mourning their loss early because although they are still alive, who they are has already passed. It's a tough decision but a nursing home will give her the round the clock that she needs. Sorry you have to go through this, but you can take steps to make sure your kids don't have to go through this. Good luck Mama!
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:46 AM
Hugs. I'm sorry.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:47 AM
Oh man, there are no words. You aren't alone in going through something like this, even though you might feel like it. I'm so sorry
l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:17 PM

you hit the nail on the head.  it does feell ike i lost her.  thank you :)

Quoting MixedCooke: That's a lot. Alzheimer's is really a very sad disease. It's as though you are mourning their loss early because although they are still alive, who they are has already passed. It's a tough decision but a nursing home will give her the round the clock that she needs. Sorry you have to go through this, but you can take steps to make sure your kids don't have to go through this. Good luck Mama!

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:18 PM

thank you

Quoting ReedusStalker: Oh man, there are no words. You aren't alone in going through something like this, even though you might feel like it. I'm so sorry

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you

Quoting vegaswife2011: Hugs. I'm sorry.

bob.the.minion
by 🍌bababa baba nana on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:19 PM
I'm sorry
l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:22 PM

thank u

Quoting bob.the.minion: I'm sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)