• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandma not listening

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 146 Replies
What are things grandma does that you have repeatedly told her not to do? My mom watches ds5 but she constantly does things I have told her to please not do. It's not the end of the world but she still tries to spood feed him when he eats! He has NO problem letting her but, when he is at home, he pulls that with me telling me to feed him cause nana feeds him. He is 5 and not a baby so why is she still feeding him like one??? It's not a huge problem but, I just want her to stop babying him. I have asked her many many times to stop but she continues to do it and my son lets her!
Anyone else have a grandma that does things that you have repeatedly told her not to do or still tries to baby your older one? I know it's a grandmas job to baby and spoil thier grandchild but they still need to respect moms rules.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:22 AM

No my mom and I are on the same page.  Just don't let him go over there.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:23 AM

My mother isn't close enough to watch my children. When she has in the past. I have never had to tell her not to do something. She is wonderful with my kids.

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:24 AM
As a grandmother, I don't defy the parents rules.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:27 AM
3 moms liked this
She just loves him and wants to baby him. She knows how fast he will grow. Just tell him that you are not spoon feeding him just because Grandma does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:27 AM

No problems with my mom.

My 92yo grandmother refuses to give up driving despite everyone telling her not to. She'll go on and on about her slow reflexes, bad hearing and eyesight, and various other health issues, but in the same breath give a dozen reasons she's perfectly able to drive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:28 AM
3 moms liked this

No, I never had that luxury and it is a luxury.

Sheila79
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:29 AM
Coddle them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:29 AM
Quoting Raeann11:

My mother isn't close enough to watch my children. When she has in the past. I have never had to tell her not to do something. She is wonderful with my kids.

My mom is great with him and other than this little hiccup. I know she means well but she needs to let him grow up. It isn't something that I would cause a big stink over but, when it affects how things are done in my house, then it hard to let it go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:29 AM

Yes.  My MIL refused to listen to any of our rules and it started affecting our home and marriage so DH finally just told her that she could either listen to us and follow our wishes or we wouldn't be allowing our kids around her.  It was bad.  She would come over unannounced and keep our kids from their naps, feed then nothing but junk on weekends when we'd see them and then we not only have kids who refuse to eat nutritious food but are also constipated, she'd hide their clothes at bottles at her house to "have them for when we visited again", just crazy stuff. 

Northern.Maple
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:29 AM
3 moms liked this

Whatever happens with Grandparents happens with Grandparents, I don't make their rules for when they have the kids, that is their call, so nothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)