• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Feel Bad

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:11 AM
  • 10 Replies

I was supposed to have an appointment with my midwife yesterday.

But she was called to an emergency C-Section early in the day. The office called to let me know early on that my appt may need to be rescheduled and to call before I leave my house to see if she was available.

I told my husband later that I was going to get ready for my appt and then call the office when the office called me to let me know that she was still in the OR and cal they have someone call me back to reschedule.

About an hour later, a scheduler called and we made an appointment for this morning.

Now, what I feel bad about... Every time they called me yesterday, they were so apologetic and seemed almost fearful that I would freak out on them.

I don't get it. I know that I am not the only pregnant woman in my town. I know that emergencies come up. I had no anger or indignance that they cancelled my appointment.

This other mom deserves to have her midwife with her in the OR, just as I will want her in my delivery room when the time comes.

I feel bad that, it seems, other women seem to have freaked out in similar situations. 

Breaks my heart for the staff of this (and other!!) medical facility that they have to put up with crappy parents-to-be!

Would you be upset that they cancelled your appt? How would you react in this situation?

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:13 AM
It wouldn't have bothered me. It happens in a profession like that. She needed to be in the OR. It is sad that they most likely get all kinds of hate from others when that happens.
admsj5
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:17 AM
I don't let things like that bother me much.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:21 AM

It breaks your heart....maybe you need to toughen up.

EnlightenedMa
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:25 AM

It's still sad, though. That they have to go through it and deal with petty people.

Quoting dragonborn: It wouldn't have bothered me. It happens in a profession like that. She needed to be in the OR. It is sad that they most likely get all kinds of hate from others when that happens.

EnlightenedMa
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:27 AM

I will not apologize for having a heart.

Maybe you should consider finding your own?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:29 AM

LOL  Are you always so rude?

Quoting EnlightenedMa:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

EnlightenedMa
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:35 AM

I was no more rude than you were.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

LOL  Are you always so rude?

Quoting EnlightenedMa:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

EnlightenedMa
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:24 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:37 PM

I would be annoyed but I wouldn't take it out on them. Appointments changing could mess up my whole work schedule and I'd be mad if I wasted a day off. 

lalalamama
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:49 PM
Women were angry when our OB/GYN Doc broke his wrist playing tennis. They said he had no business playing sports that could injure him because his priority should be being in the delivery room!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)