Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sitting in a park parking lot with no kids.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Every Thursday morning I drive to a park and sit in the parking lot. I've got no kids in the car and I either do paperwork or play on my phone. I'm sure people think it's a bit odd when they see me. Sometimes I feel a tad self-conscious. What would you think if you saw me?

The reason I'm sitting in the park parking lot: I drop my daughter off at school at eight and my yoga class doesn't start till nine. I never know what the freeway traffic is like so I drive over to make sure I have enough time. The yoga classes in someone's home so I can't go early. And I choose the park parking lot so that I can use the bathroom right before I go over to the yoga class.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:34 AM
Parks aren't only for kids.

Unless you mean a playground

Quoting Anonymous 1: Every Thursday morning I drive to a park and sit in the parking lot. I've got no kids in the car and I either do paperwork or play on my phone. I'm sure people think it's a bit odd when they see me. Sometimes I feel a tad self-conscious. What would you think if you saw me?

The reason I'm sitting in the park parking lot: I drop my daughter off at school at eight and my yoga class doesn't start till nine. I never know what the freeway traffic is like so I drive over to make sure I have enough time. The yoga classes in someone's home so I can't go early. And I choose the park parking lot so that I can use the bathroom right before I go over to the yoga class.
K3412
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't think anything of it. I've done stuff like that, too, when I'm waiting. 

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:34 AM
I wouldn't do that in a park parking lot, it would look too creepy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:35 AM
I do the same thing when I go grocery shopping without the kids. I take my time bring a book and grab a coffee.
LetMeBeHapsNow
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I see ppole in their cars at the park all the time. Soemtimes a person needs to park for a sec for whatever reason.
lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM
I wouldn't think too much of it, unless you were sitting there staring at little kids playing on the playground. I would assume you had some time to kill.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I did that a lot before I had a kid. I'd go read at the park but sit in my car with the AC running. It was a nice break. And as fucked as it is, it would only be seen as creepy by most if you were a guy doing that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:38 AM
It's not a big deal.
nemo258
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:42 AM
I do that every morning after dropping off the kids. That hour is for me to catch up on whatever, enjoy the music without kids complaining and drink my coffee before work. That hour is Mine lol
JTE11
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:42 AM
I used to drive around for my job, and did a whole lot of sitting in my car in parking lots between appointments, I wouldn't think anything if I saw you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)