Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids and designer coffees?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:41 AM
  • 81 Replies

Do your kids love designer coffees from Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, etc?

Do you treat them to these fancy lattes and other treats or do you convince them otherwise?

What alternatives do you suggest to them?

drinking

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WoodenMittens
by Zorak on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:42 AM
My kids have no interest in anything coffee related.
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:43 AM

Very occasionally I will get them a hot chocolate at Starbucks if we are out and about and I am grabbing a coffee, but they NEVER get a coffee at any of these places.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:43 AM
Mine are too young but I let them taste my coffee.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:44 AM

I don't convince him otherwise. Why would I? My 15-year-old and I have a weekly mom/son date at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:45 AM
They don't drink coffee. But they like smoothies and hot chocolate. And cake pops at starbucks.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:45 AM
Nope. DS has tasted coffee and didn't like it. We don't go to coffee shops on a regular basis. He doesn't even like the hot chocolate from most coffee shops.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:46 AM
Depends on how old the child is. My youngest is 15 and she'll go to Starbucks and get something unbelievably fattening and sugary and delicious… But it's her money and she works out almost every day. So I don't care.

My oldest is 22. She might treat herself once in a while. But she's at the point now where she watches what she eats because she is not working out every day. And she's watching every penny because she soon needs to start paying her own way when she graduates college.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:46 AM
Our monthly girl's day out always ends with the Starbucks at Barnes And Noble. We'll each get a coffee and sit and talk then look at the books. She's 12.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:46 AM

No, we are not coffee drinkers.

SciFiMama91
by ğŸŽ¨Crafty PantsğŸŽ¨ on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:46 AM
He just likes to share mine.

He prefers the coffee I make at home for him these days. Can't blame him, I make good coffee. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)