Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I Being A B****?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Ok. So I work and so does my husband.  I'm going away tomorrow for work and my husband has been out of town on work so I made arrangements to leave my youngest three with my brother.

My eldest DD and eldest DS are staying at the house (I told them they could go stay with my brother or stay home and they wanted to stay home).

Well, MIL decided to throw a surprise visit on and came in yesterday night and told me just to leave the kids with her. A few problems, she leaves on Friday I don't get back till Sunday night and DH gets back on Feb. 4th. So I told her that she could watch them till Friday then on Friday afternoon drop them off at my brother's.

But, nope, she said she would stay till Monday to watch the kiddos. I said it wasn't really necessary and I didn't want to to disturb her life. She kept insisting and finally said she didn't trust my brother.

I asked her why and her two dumb exscues are 'He's awfully young' (he's almost 36) and 'I really don't approve of his partner' (which is a guy)

I finally told her she can either stay till Friday then drop the youngest ones at my brother's or let me take my kids to my brother tonight and she can stay till Friday with the older two then leave or leave now.

Am I being a bitch?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GentleHeartsPA
by Lanie on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this
You are not being a bitch.
She is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:50 AM

Not at all.  Your MIL is and has no right to judge your brother.  I'd call her out on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:50 AM
Depends on how you said it… I don't know how much bitch was in your town. However, it sounds like your feelings are hurt because she's anti-gay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:50 AM

She is

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:52 AM

No. It's the fact that she insulted my brother regardless of his sexual orientation. It's also the fact she showed up out of nowhere, with no warning.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Depends on how you said it… I don't know how much bitch was in your town. However, it sounds like your feelings are hurt because she's anti-gay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:53 AM

I would have told her never mind, I don't approve of bigots watching my kids and she needed to leave immediately, so if you're being a bitch, you're being less of one than I would be.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM
Not at all. After that comment about your brother's partner I would have told her not to bother at all. She can stay somewhere else and keep with the plan of your brother watching the kids the whole trip.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:57 AM
Fuck her and her homophobic ass.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:57 AM
No, you're not. You're brother has made arrangements to help you, and is probably looking forward to spending time with his niece or nephews.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:02 PM

You are not being a bitch.  She is insulting your family which would result in a very harsh verbal tongue lashing from me. And her being kicked out of the house. Honestly I wouldnt be ok with an unannounced visit to begin with.

When I worked as a nanny, the family went on vacation leaving me home alone. I told them I was going to have some people over for a dinner party. Well the grandma decided she needed to check up on me despite the family trusting me. They had warned me and I told them I wouldnt let her in the house. I had already locked the screen door as well as the main door. She showed up, I didnt let her in.  She called the cops, I explained the situation, they sent her home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)