Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Low or no cost activities

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:59 AM
  • 30 Replies
What are some low or no cost family community activities that your family participates in? I'm trying to come up with ideas of things I've never considered before.

I am looking for things to do beyond museums and parks.
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:00 PM

Amtgard AKA live-action swordfighting with foam replica weapons.

It is just as nerdy as it is fun. lol

Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Ha, larping.

I'm trying to think of things to do with the ladies I take care of that. Although, nerd stuff is right up or alley, I don't think they'd enjoy it...lol.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Amtgard AKA live-action swordfighting with foam replica weapons.

It is just as nerdy as it is fun. lol

Left.Right.Left
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:04 PM
We go to the rec centre drop in. Also gymnastics drop in. Also a few other preschool drop in places that are local.

Church ;)
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly if I hadn't been exposed to it since I was a kid I would probably think it was a *bit* too nerdy LOL. What's your outdoors look like? Maybe hiking/nature walks?

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: Ha, larping. I'm trying to think of things to do with the ladies I take care of that. Although, nerd stuff is right up or alley, I don't think they'd enjoy it...lol.

Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:05 PM
We have an outstanding new rec center that is free to residents here. That is on our schedule. It so nice.

Quoting Left.Right.Left: We go to the rec centre drop in. Also gymnastics drop in. Also a few other preschool drop in places that are local.

Church ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Groupon is a great way to come up with low cost dining experiences and activities.

We do bubble wars at the park with giant bubble wands, also nothing beats the dollar movie, or the drive in.

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:07 PM
In the spring, minor league baseball games if you have a team nearby. Tickets are usually incredibly cheap and there is a lot of fan interaction, giveaways, games, etc.
nemo258
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:08 PM
We have a neighborhood clean up once a month. We also collect soda can tops that neighbors save to send to Ronald McDonald House.
Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:08 PM
We live right by a beautiful lake with trails. We often go there for picnics. We usually have to walk on the bike trails though because one of my ladies has an unusual gait and has a hard time walking on uneven surfaces.

That reminds me of putting picnics and drives at the lake on our schedule though. Thanks!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Honestly if I hadn't been exposed to it since I was a kid I would probably think it was a *bit* too nerdy LOL. What's your outdoors look like? Maybe hiking/nature walks?

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: Ha, larping.

I'm trying to think of things to do with the ladies I take care of that. Although, nerd stuff is right up or alley, I don't think they'd enjoy it...lol.

TinkerToyMom
by Renee on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:09 PM
Grab a KCParent magazine. Lots of ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)