• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mishawaka, Indiana

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Anyone live there?
What are the schools like? Weather in summer? Winter?
Family activities?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2017 at 10:21 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2017 at 10:27 AM
I live about an hour from there. I can't say anything about the schools, but summers are usually mild-hot. Typically it's in the 80s and 90s and it varies whether it's humid or not. It's not unbearable at all. Winters are COLD. Not as cold as some places but definitely very cold. The winds can be brutal. Windchills sometimes get in the -20s. Usually we get most of our snow in Jan and Feb.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2017 at 10:44 AM
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I live about an hour from there. I can't say anything about the schools, but summers are usually mild-hot. Typically it's in the 80s and 90s and it varies whether it's humid or not. It's not unbearable at all. Winters are COLD. Not as cold as some places but definitely very cold. The winds can be brutal. Windchills sometimes get in the -20s. Usually we get most of our snow in Jan and Feb.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2017 at 2:04 PM
You're welcome. Also, there are a lot of Amish up in this area and especially around there and in places like Shipshewana which isn't too far away from Mishiwaka either. Lots and lots of Amish. Mishiwaka is one of the more rural areas up this way. You'd be about 2 1/2 hrs from Indianapolis and just a tad over an hour from Ft Wayne (which is where I am and the 2nd biggest city in IN).

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I live about an hour from there. I can't say anything about the schools, but summers are usually mild-hot. Typically it's in the 80s and 90s and it varies whether it's humid or not. It's not unbearable at all. Winters are COLD. Not as cold as some places but definitely very cold. The winds can be brutal. Windchills sometimes get in the -20s. Usually we get most of our snow in Jan and Feb.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)