Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

These Rare Biracial Twins Prove Differences Can Be Adorable

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:52 PM
  • 1 Replies

These Rare Biracial Twins Prove Differences Can Be Adorable

Too cute.

MOST POPULAR

A set of twins born in Quincy, Illinois, has quickly won over the internet's heart by definitively proving not all twins have to look alike.

Now nine months old, cuties Kalani and Jarani Dean are biracial fraternal twins who each take after one of their parents: Kalani after her mom, Whitney Meyer, and Jarani after her father, Tomas Dean. As People reports, Whitney is white and Tomas is black.

"We're chromosome twins," Whitney wrote in a photo of the girls on Facebook. "Kalani (on left) is light with blue eyes and Jarani (on right) is the darker one with brown eyes. This is rare but so awesome to share!"

And as the BBC reports, it is incredibly rare: The source states that interracial couples who are expecting twins have a 1 in 500 chance that their children will be born with different skin colors. The chances are so small, in fact, that even Whitney was surprised when she saw her daughters after giving birth.

"At first when they were born, I wanted to believe it but it's so rare I didn't think it'd happen to my twins!," Whitney told KHQA"But sure enough they're biracial twins!"

The mom went on to reveal that the twins have already developed very different personalities and interests, as well: Kalani is high-energy and already crawling, while Jarani loves food and hasn't yet decided to crawl.

Follow Redbook on Facebook.

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
HHx5
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:54 PM
Both so cute! Beautiful!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)