Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be embarrassed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I work in the food industry. I am a manager. I had a customer come and ordered her food. As she was waiting for her food, I over heard her talking to her friend that she would be so embarrassed to be working around food. Now this lady does act snobby. She talks to everyone like she is "better" then everyone. She is considered a regular. I am always nice to her kids and I always thought she was snobby but was nice to me.
Well, I don't like working with food. But after I left my abusive husband I was homeless and had no job. But I worked hard. It took longer then expected but I found me a job and I have a place of my own. I never told the lady anything about my life. She's a customer so I like to keep drama away from the workplace. So I don't talk about my past life to anyone, not even the people I work with. I might talk about something's (I do have a kid) but they know I was abused in the past but that's it.
I laughed at the lady. Not to her face but I just walked away and acted like I didn't hear anything. But it got me wondering if anyone else thought that. I am not embarrassed. I don't like it but I would rather be working, anywhere even McDonald, then to go back to the shelters and back to the abuse.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slw123
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:22 PM
3 moms liked this

Shame on her, but don't let her nastiness bother you!  I would work 3 full time jobs in the service industry if it meant not being abused and taking care of my kids.  Be proud of what you have accomplished, you deserve it.

Nuggit222
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Shame on her. No person working for their money should ever feel embarrassed. All people deserve respect and dignity whether you're a CEO or working at a fast food restaurant
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:24 PM

She's stupid. And the ironic thing is she probably doesn't even have a job.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:25 PM
She's awful, just ignore her and others like her. There's nothing wrong with you or your job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:25 PM

She was rude and showed she has no understand of tact or manners.  There is no shame in honest work. 

lalalamama
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:26 PM
I would not be embarrassed but SHE sure as hell should!
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:27 PM
I'm a teacher. If I could make as much I'd rather do something less intense. Serving or making food would be fine. I don't look down on food service workers. But I can't make as much so I wouldn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Well she should be embarrassed for eating fast food as a regular
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
She is a snob. Who cares what she thinks. You are doing for your family and to me that makes you better then her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:32 PM
I work in a meat processing plant. I get judged by people. I could care less. I do what I have to do to take care of my kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)