Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They issued me a refund?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:38 PM
  • 20 Replies
I'm really confused. I ordered a textbook off of Amazon and it shipped on the 18th. My expected delivery is between Jan. 23 and Feb. 7.
So I was just checking my email and Amazon sent a message that a refund was issued to my account.
Early this morning I got an email asking to confirm if I had received my order yet.

I didn't see the email till after I saw the refund email.

What is going on? Did they not send it or something? Has anyone had anything like this happen? I haven't checked my mail since Monday so for all I know it's sitting at the post office waiting for me.
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nancym3
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:40 PM
Maybe the post office returned it undeliverable? Call Amazon and ask. Go check your mail.
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:44 PM
I can't see that happening unless they screwed up the mailing address. I'm going to after we eat lunch here.
The post office will hold packages for about 10 business days.

Quoting nancym3: Maybe the post office returned it undeliverable? Call Amazon and ask. Go check your mail.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:45 PM
Can you pull up the tracking for the item?
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:47 PM
There was no tracking info for it. The company I ordered from doesn't provide it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Can you pull up the tracking for the item?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:49 PM
I would call Amazon then.

Quoting CannotCount: There was no tracking info for it. The company I ordered from doesn't provide it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Can you pull up the tracking for the item?
admsj5
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:49 PM
I bet the company didn't actually ship it. I believe sellers on Amazon have a certain number of days to verify they shipped before a refund is given from Amazon.

I could be wrong of course.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:49 PM
They probably ran out of stock
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:53 PM
I hope they didn't just not ship it. All the other sellers had this book used for $200 and this site had it for $75.

Quoting admsj5: I bet the company didn't actually ship it. I believe sellers on Amazon have a certain number of days to verify they shipped before a refund is given from Amazon.

admsj5
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:55 PM
I hope so too! I guess you will know soon. You could call Amazon. I have had to call them a couple of times, and they were always nice and helpful.

Quoting CannotCount: I hope they didn't just not ship it. All the other sellers had this book used for $200 and this site had it for $75.

Quoting admsj5: I bet the company didn't actually ship it. I believe sellers on Amazon have a certain number of days to verify they shipped before a refund is given from Amazon.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Amazon's online chat with customer service is really, really good.
Open a chat with them and ask them to help you sort it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)