Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crazy landlord at it again!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I posted about her calling and ringing the bell stop. About her hopping the fence and unlocking my gate. In the lease and oral agreement, SHE pays the water and I believe trash and sewage. I'll go check. We moved in Dec 18th. Meters were just read and bills generated. She called me FURIOUS about the water consumption. Mind you, we have told her within 72 hrs of moving on that both the upstairs bath and kitchen faucet have leaks. She rented to a family of 6! With a washer. Did she really think with leaks, 6 people showering and doing laundry the water bill would be the same as her last tenants with 3 people? She came over waving the bill but would not let me see it. Said we are wasting water and needed to resolve it or she was filing eviction. What? She hasn't even addressed the legal matter we presented of the upstairs tub leaking and pouring water into our stove. She's mad because 6 people use more water than 3?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wild1xo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:46 PM

This is exactly why I'm saving up to buy.  Fuck renting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:50 PM
Well if you are paying it I don't see the issue. She can't evict you if you are paid up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:50 PM

That comes with its own set of problems unfortunately... I'm damn near ready to say fuck it all & go live in the woods.

Quoting wild1xo:

This is exactly why I'm saving up to buy.  Fuck renting.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Just tell her this:

The X-Files tv crazy the x files gillian anderson

JalynSpoon
I was all for you. You fell over my love. I just can't afford it this time. I can see it, in you & me.. Let live.. Let live.
Yesterday at 3:58 PM
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Haha.. Oh my.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Mobile Photo

Water, sewer and garbage in lease.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:05 PM
Yea, as long as you are paid up there nothing she can do. If she keeps harassing you about it then I would tell you are going to file something against her. Maybe she will stop.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:09 PM
The OP isn't responsible for paying water and trash. The landlord is paying the water which is why her cheese slid off her cracker

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yea, as long as you are paid up there nothing she can do. If she keeps harassing you about it then I would tell you are going to file something against her. Maybe she will stop.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:12 PM
My garabe is FULL of past tenants belongings. Apparently she evicts like crazy. Yet in our case, screw her. We wont lay down and let her evict us for legal contracts. You should see the garage!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yea, as long as you are paid up there nothing she can do. If she keeps harassing you about it then I would tell you are going to file something against her. Maybe she will stop.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:15 PM
Yes. We are 100% paid up. Dh is even planning to pay rent early tomorrow. Which of course we require receipts. She has NO legal ground to evict us because she's mad a family of 6 obviously uses more water.

Quoting Talkingheads: The OP isn't responsible for paying water and trash. The landlord is paying the water which is why her cheese slid off her cracker

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)