Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Verizon vs Sprint

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
So I am currently trying to downsize bills. And one of the main things that needs looked at is our cell phones. We pay 354 a month for 2 phones and then there is two tablets on there to that we don't need.

Here's my thing we can afford this amount. But we only use the two phones and rarely the tablets. For the amount we pay our service should be better.

I sit in my living room and I can only sit in one spot and talk on the phone without it cutting out.

One of my friends and are trying to get me to switch to sprint. We currently have Verizon.

What I'm asking is what's your experience with sprint or Verizon?

I just think we are paying way too much when I can't even call anyone at home.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emailley
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:48 PM
Verizon has great coverage I have never had an issue with them. We pay $265 a month for 3 phones and ipad
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:49 PM
I pay 160 for 3 phones with sprint. We share 8g but we also have wifi at work,school and home so we dont use too much. I rarely lose signal.
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:50 PM

I have AT&T so no idea.. Here is a bump.

admsj5
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:50 PM
We have AT&T
Our coverage is right up there with Verizon. Our bill is 255 for 6 phones- 15gigs of data to share with rollover and unlimited everything else.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:51 PM

I do Verizon's prepaid service for $45/month and I've been really satisfied with it.

Unlimited text/talk and I get 4g of data.

kiko2mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:52 PM
I will NEVER go to sprint again. They ripped us off so horribly. We are with Verizon now and while we do pay more now, we have more phones on the plan. Have you looked into a prepaid plan? I know it's expensive to have cell phones, but there are plans out there. Just be careful with Sprint. They promise all this stuff, get you to sign contracts, then don't deliver. You are then left paying a huge fee to get out of the contacts.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:54 PM
I have had both.

Verizon is a tab bit better but not by much (same dead spots with each company execpt 1 place where verizon had service and sprint doesnt). With sprint we save 100 a month over verizon. We had 3 phone with verizon and 3 phones and 2 tablets with sprint. With verizon i had 1w gb data and with sprint i have 40. Both unlimited talk and text.
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Where I live-its Verizon.

Sprint is just horrible....the phones cut out-texts don't get sent-horrible customer service (my mom has sprint

DH and I have Verizon. No dropped calls, no issues with our phones....and We only pay $140 a month for 2 phones...ours are prepaid.

I can't understand why people are paying $300+ for 2-4 phones. My mom's old plan was 4 phones and she was paying like $250. (Nextel)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:56 PM
I had verizon switched to sprint to save money. Sprints coverage isnt great in our area and couldnt get calls out, even though sprint said we could. I think they had a 30 satisfaction money back guarantee, you had to pay activation and sales rax up front. I canceled within 14 days and finally after 4 months of not receiving my refund disputed it with my credit card company, who gave me my money back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Sprint is horrible. Verizon is better but still just as expensive.

We now have Metropcs and pay $50.00 for two lines ($25.00/each).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)