Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Relationships among adult siblings

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:17 PM
  • 73 Replies
Just out of curiosity are you close to your siblings? I am with 3 of my sisters but the forth the oldest one currently doesn't speak to me. She left our sisters chat group. When I asked what's wrong she said she doesn't miss anything about me. She has never liked my husband.

We don't have any inheritance issue. She got both of the properties. We are fine with that because I had no interest to keep up and renovate the childhood home in the country side. I ended up moving overseas anyway.

My DH one the other had has always had jealously issues with his brother. I think it is something to do with his parents favoring brother and making him the executer of their property. In laws are reasonably well off more so than their kids.

WHAT'S your situation. It seems like growing up we are close but as adults there is some kind of competition and resentment about inheritance issues.
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:19 PM
I'm the only girl with three brothers
I've always been a little distant from the boys
It's always nice when we see each other, but we don't speak regularly
kiwiskiwi29
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:20 PM
I only have one half brother. We are not close and don't have any relationship at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:22 PM

I get along with them great. I see my younger brother at least 3 days a week. I talk to my sister and other brother all of the time.

We fought like cats and dogs growing up--with the exception of my older brother. We never fought. Only argued when he disapproved of me wearing shorts. lol (middle child syndrome here). Our relationship got better when I turned 18.

My husband, he talks to his brother and sister (from his mother). IDK how many siblings he has through his father. I do have one of his sisters from his dad on my FB. She seems nice.

muzzyh
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:22 PM
I hang out with my sibs all the time. We're tight.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:23 PM

i was pretty close with one sister. but she died last summer. i have another sister and brother who wouldn't notice, or care, if i dropped off the face of the earth. (same way they didn't care that our other sister died.)

MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:24 PM

I have one younger brother and we used to be close but when he moved in with the girl that he ended up marrying later he got distant. Then a bigger rift happened when he moved back to the local area and our mother started putting pressure on him to mend the relationship between her and I.... So now we almost never speak.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:25 PM
We have a good relationship. We live hundreds of miles apart and he still lives with my parents so I don't see him as much but we talk regularly and have a good relationship.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:26 PM

I am very close with my younger brothers. My sister is old enough to be my mother and her kids are my age. She is an unhappy person and I am cordial to her but that is about it. We didn't grow up together, our dad (our shared parent) didn't raise her, and we have nothing in common plus as I said, she is very unhappy with her life. She is pretty miserable to be around. 

DH isn't close with either of his siblings but he is close to my brothers. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:26 PM

I have the half brother I grew up with, whom I can't stand and really we don't communicate at all. There are other things at play but we never got along. I also have 2 other half siblings who are younger than me and only reconnected some years ago. We are in different states and they have college and their own things going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:26 PM

I don't really care for any of my siblings. Two brothers and two sisters. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)