Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg, I actually won something!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:52 PM
  • 47 Replies
8 moms liked this

Back in December, the store I work at was having a contest with all of the other stores in the country. Ours was one of the ones that won. Each employee is getting a $25 gift card, and is eligible to put their names in for a raffle for three big prizes, an apple watch, a vivofit (which seems basically like a fitbit) and $100 cash. A lot of employees didn't put their names in because they said they never win anything, I made sure to put my name in because I never win anything.

The drawing was this morning and I got a call from the store manager saying I won the apple watch. Holy crap! That's awesome! He said once he sends my name to corporate, they're going to overnight me a $375 gift card to the apple store.

The only issue is, I don't know a thing about apple products, I've always been a straight android person. I've been meaning to get a new phone anyway, so I can just get an iphone instead of another android. My question is, what's so amazing about the apple watch? Why is it so freaking expensive? I don't understand lol. But still, this is a freaking awesome thing to win!

On top of all of this, right as I was starting to type this post, I got a call from my DD's school. They invited me to a PTA banquet next month and said my ticket was already covered since I'm receiving an award for my help with the school. I'm not nearly as active with the school as I'd like to be, but in December they were having a bookfair where I work, and since it was right before christmas, all of the other employees were swamped, but since it was my DD's school, I kept checking in to see if they needed anything and if I could help. They ended up raising a whole ton of money for the school that day and the principal thanked me profusely for helping.

Today is a pretty awesome day.

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:55 PM
You do have to have an apple phone to use the Apple Watch. I have one and use it for texting and emails mostly. It also has a lot of fitness apps available.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:55 PM
Check you out!! Awesome!
Episkey
by Dra til helvete on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:59 PM

I could definitely use some fitness apps lmao.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You do have to have an apple phone to use the Apple Watch. I have one and use it for texting and emails mostly. It also has a lot of fitness apps available.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:01 PM
Sell it for 350 to an apple user.
Episkey
by Dra til helvete on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

right? the one time I win something, and it's an apple watch

Quoting Danesmommy1: Check you out!! Awesome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:02 PM
I say screw the watch and get an iPad. I use my iPad for everything
iwilliams76
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:12 PM

good

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:14 PM
Congrats!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:14 PM
Yay! How exciting!
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:19 PM
Yayayay!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)