• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird reactions? (First child so I'm unsure if this is normal at her age)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
Dd is a year(14 months), she used to be very social but last few months she has become very terrified of strangers, now I bring Dd to mommy and me classes and shopping as much as I can(her doctor says I need to put her into day care to help snap her out of this fear) but recently whenever anyone comes up to her she screams and cries and will hide behind DH or I (mostly DH).

Today dh shaved his face and she's never seen him with a shaved face and she started to scream and cry and ran to me and refused to leave myside while she cried and looked around for DH, it took a hour and a half of him sitting on the floor saying her name and talking to her for her to realize it was him, once she found this out she ran to him and cried.

DH thinks she's just very shy now, I'm worried I'm not socializing her enough but we live in a bad city and crimes bad and costs are high, mommy and me costs me like 80 bucks a month (6 classes a month) I could bring her to the park but it's either raining or snowing hard and too cold only family around is DH family and we avoid his mother and his father is always on the road.

We are slowly packing because we are moving from PA to New York for work and he thinks it might be that as well but i dont know

What do you think could be causing this?

Her doctor says nothing is wrong other then I don't bring her out enough and she's to attached to DH and i and we need to start to do things without her and start hiring sitters and stuff

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:55 PM
Totally normal. All five of mine went through that stage. My youngest is just now two and she's slowly growing out of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:56 PM
Oh thank god, i know some might find this a stupid topic I was just worried :(

She's my first and I fear I'll mess up some how and trying my hardest

Quoting Anonymous 2: Totally normal. All five of mine went through that stage. My youngest is just now two and she's slowly growing out of it.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:57 PM

100% age appropriate almost all babies go through this. 

emandab
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:57 PM
She's barely a year old. I would not be worried at all. Totally normal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:58 PM
Okay good, I just worry I don't want to mess up some how :( biggest fear I have :(

Quoting fullxbusymom:

100% age appropriate almost all babies go through this. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:58 PM

yes mine did the same thing. putting htem in daycare to snap her out of it sounds tramtauzing and stupid.  mine stayed shy like that until about 2.5

catonastick
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:58 PM

All of my boys did that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:59 PM
Both of my kids did that. My youngest who is 3 will still hide behind me if a stranger talks to him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:59 PM
I'm stil shocked she's a year feels like just yesterday I was seeing her the first time

Quoting emandab: She's barely a year old. I would not be worried at all. Totally normal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:59 PM
I can't do daycare it seems cruel plus one week out here is like 150-160

Quoting Anonymous 3:

yes mine did the same thing. putting htem in daycare to snap her out of it sounds tramtauzing and stupid.  mine stayed shy like that until about 2.5

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)