Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just realized i don't have any black friends...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I live in a pretty diverse area yet i have no black friends. My two best friends are white and i have a group of great mom friends again most are white and a couple are Asian.. Where do i find black friends! Is that weird? BTW i am mixed black/white. Although i love my friends, it would be nice to have a friend i can relate to on issue such as hair, makeup, and more. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:46 PM

Mocha Moms (real life group) google it

Church

Start a meet-up group

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

i have no friends so you're way ahead of me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't either. Just acquaintances.

I don't seek friends based on race.
sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM

I have no clue. I have lots of black friends (sounds weird). Most are from my childhood, and we are still friends now. Maybe look into a moms group for your area? 

BCauseImAwesome
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM
Me neither. But my area is like 95% white. I only remember like a handful of black kids in my high-school of 3k kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM
That's the way it is sometimes. It's the same for me and I'm also biracial.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM
I can only think of one Black friend I have had recently. I live in a mainly Hispanic area, followed by White, and Black is a smaller population. It's not weird.

It's only weird if you purposely avoid Black people as friends. Which I'm sure you do not.
502Amandab
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:50 PM
Hmm, I don't get out much so I can't be of much help. Actually I don't think I do either. My closest friends are white and mixed (black/white)
My daughter has a black friend down the road but I think her mom is psycho so I won't be befriending her any time soon lol.
Honestly I just don't think about race when I become friends with someone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:55 PM
Yeah, I have like 3 friends. None of them have any color to their skin, and none are guys eithrr.
I live in a rural area and the whole town is white farmers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 5:06 PM

I really dont either haha. just thought about it today 

Quoting 502Amandab: Hmm, I don't get out much so I can't be of much help. Actually I don't think I do either. My closest friends are white and mixed (black/white) My daughter has a black friend down the road but I think her mom is psycho so I won't be befriending her any time soon lol. Honestly I just don't think about race when I become friends with someone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)