Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cps stepped on it now! ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
I got rid of most of the original post because it was apparently too vague.

A little over a year ago I found out my 2 daughters, 8 and 11 at the time, played house in a very inappropriate manner. 11 year old was the wife and 9 year old the husband. They kissed and rubbed each other over the clothes. I spoke to them and both received consequences for their actions.

3 days later my 11 year old came to me and revealed that her grandfather (dh father) had been molesting her. I called the sheriff's department and cps to report what she told me. Fast forward a year.

His trial was 2 weeks ago. The last year we have complied with everything and even did more. We have followed a safety plan for my now 9 and 12 year olds. Both have been in therapy. My 9 year old was discharged after only 5 months and my 12 year old is still in therapy. A week ago my 9 year old told someone in school she was "molested" by her older sister (I put quotation marks because according to her therapist, what happened was not molestation but rather, 2 children exploring as millions of children do every day). Well, because of her claim, cps was called and they came out last Friday.

After speaking to them, giving them all of the information and everything, I was told that the case would be filed away as a repeat report.

Apparently that's not happening. So, when I made the original report I made it to my County. Because dd12 was molested in the next County over, the report was transferred to that County. The second County investigated my dd12s claim and also did interviews regarding the inappropriate touching between my children (which I brought up because it was that touching that led to the allegations).

Well, although they did the investigation on the touching between the children, an official report on it wasn't made. Because of that, the current report had to be treated as a new one. Now, my 12 year old is being "indicated" in a report of abuse.
I was told that she'd be put on the child abuse registry until she is 18 and that I needed to move her bed out of the bedroom she shares with her sister. That basically means her bed goes into the dining room because we have a small home.

Well, I called the original County that the case was transferred to (the supervisor of the original worker) on Tuesday and left a voice mail informing of what was happening, what their mistake was, that I would be filing a formal complaint, and that I needed them to call me back.

Yeah, I got a call today. The supervisor didn't address the original issue but all of a sudden she had a "private benefactor" who was interested in helping my family out. She offered food, clothes, gift cards, and bedding for my children (none of which we even need), along with anything else they might need.

Ironic how I called Tuesday and now cps from a different County miraculously has funding to help a family not in their jurisdiction, huh? I'm beginning to wonder if their mistake goes deeper than I know.

I told her I wasn't interested in material objects. I'm interested in them fixing their mistakes. She said I'd get a call back.

Here is the biggest issue, the entire reason I'm pursuing further action. Both counties messed up in their original reporting. Because of this they are basically punishing dd12 for something that happened over a year ago. If they put her on the child abuse registry then she'll be unable to volunteer with children, elderly, or handicapped until she is 18. She wants to be a pediatrician so those volunteer hours will be important when it comes to college applications. Not only do I not believe what happened between the girls was molestation, but neither does either of their therapists.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:22 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this

popcorn

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:03 PM
Strange, why would they offer material things if you didn't need anything?
Do your children have decent clothing and bedding?

What exactly did they screw up?
xoch86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:06 PM

I'm confused

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:11 PM
5 moms liked this
So pretty much they saw your call as unfounded and you pursued it in another area and now want to press charges against the original county? I have a feeling you made a false allegation against an ex and now are using the aggression and anti establishment movement to further your cause.....
mrsary
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:12 PM
Ohh!! Cause I sure as hell didn't get it at first. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 4: So pretty much they saw your call as unfounded and you pursued it in another are and now want to press charges against the original county? I have a feeling you made a false allegation against an ex and now are using the aggression and anto establishment movement to further your cause.....
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:15 PM
Need more info
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:15 PM
This didn't happen.
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:16 PM
Was the original call made by you about someone else (ex) or was was it against you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:25 PM
Thats just my instinctive reaction to the bs after YEARS on this site

Quoting mrsary: Ohh!! Cause I sure as hell didn't get it at first. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 4: So pretty much they saw your call as unfounded and you pursued it in another are and now want to press charges against the original county? I have a feeling you made a false allegation against an ex and now are using the aggression and anto establishment movement to further your cause.....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)