Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel for you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I do...I feel for my sd's mom at the moment but at the same time I can't help but think "maybe you should have been around more".

right now my sd's mom is going ape shit because sd calls me mom and her mom Brittany. she and dh have 50/50 but bm never spends time with sd, sd is in daycare or with a family member, even when bm isn't working. bm even went to Disneyland without sd. my sd is 6 and already see's how her mom just pushes her off onto everyone. when sd was an infant she was pushed onto me as well. even when it wasn't dh's week bm would bring her over and have me watch her. I stepped up at 17 years old because I couldn't let a baby be left with alcoholics(which is bm's family).

so yeah I feel for bm because I would feel a little replaced if my kids called someone else mom but on the other hand she should have been a mom and not run around with every dude she could find trying to get pregnant again.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:23 PM
Well, when you're not playing the roll of a mom you may not get the title of "mom."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:37 PM
I'm glad it worked out (for now) but getting involved with a guy with an infant at 17 doesn't sound like the best life choice at 17 lol

What are you? 23 now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:47 PM

almost 25. didn't effect me any.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm glad it worked out (for now) but getting involved with a guy with an infant at 17 doesn't sound like the best life choice at 17 lol What are you? 23 now?

mrsmom110
by NO on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:53 PM

It takes more than biology to be a true parent.  If she hasn't put in the time and you have ever since the child was an infant, it's only natural for her to have bonded w/ you and assign you that title.  

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:11 PM
Ummm

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm glad it worked out (for now) but getting involved with a guy with an infant at 17 doesn't sound like the best life choice at 17 lol

What are you? 23 now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:12 PM

um what?

Quoting littlesippycup: Ummm
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm glad it worked out (for now) but getting involved with a guy with an infant at 17 doesn't sound like the best life choice at 17 lol What are you? 23 now?

Marivilla
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:20 PM
I don't think I could have played mom to someone else's kid at 17
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:21 PM

eh i was working at the daycare in my high school at 15 anyway. kids dont bother me.

Quoting Marivilla: I don't think I could have played mom to someone else's kid at 17

Handsup4
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:40 PM
That's a lot of responsibility to take on at 17 when it wasn't even your own baby. You should very nice. I'm glad the little girl had you around to care for her though.
LynnZ531
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:40 PM
I want to know why BM didn't take her to Disney World.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)