• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong to ask for a picture if someone is giving the item away?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:30 PM
  • 25 Replies
Saw this today on a local Facebook garage sale site.

Lady is giving away something and apparently someone asked for a picture of the item. So instead of posting a picture she posted a new post and said it was rude to ask for a picture for a free item.

So what say you, should people be grateful for something because it's free or should the person giving the item away post a picture?

For this post let's pretend the item in question is a couch....the lady never mentioned what the item was in her second post.
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trouser.Mouse
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I say it is fine to ask. That way if it isn't something you really want, it can be left for someone who does so that it doesn't end up wasted or in the trash.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:32 PM
I'm not purchasing anything without seeing a photo of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:33 PM
No. I need to know if I'll be wasting my time to get an item that I wouldn't like when I got there.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

what's rude is to not post a picture to begin with. free or not i'm not getting an item if i dont see a pciture. my guess is it's junk.

Noneya73
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:35 PM
Sounds like they're trying to scam people.
JaniceLitman
by Ohh. My. Gawd! on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:35 PM
That's how I see it as well. Some people like to give away trash, I'd like to see a picture before deciding if I want to waste my time.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: I say it is fine to ask. That way if it isn't something you really want, it can be left for someone who does so that it doesn't end up wasted or in the trash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:35 PM
A piece of shit is still a piece of shit, free or not. I'd rather not waste my time going in blind.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:35 PM
It's not rude. Dh went for a curb alert once and the lady said he could only take it if he hauled a couch out for her. He said no thanks and left. The curb alert was for an old cabinet
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:38 PM
2 moms liked this
The only thing that annoys me is when people post that they are in desperate need of something for free, people offer and they decline because their baby is a boy and the item is girl colored or vice versa. Like a baby swing or bouncer or crib...the baby doesn't give a shit!
JaniceLitman
by Ohh. My. Gawd! on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:38 PM
Even when I post items for free I always include pictures. I don't know why someone would have a problem with it.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

what's rude is to not post a picture to begin with. free or not i'm not getting an item if i dont see a pciture. my guess is it's junk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)