Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you really feel your human rights are violated because

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 319 Replies
7 moms liked this
you pay an extra 30 cents in taxes for a box of tampons?

Why wouldn't you pay taxes on them along with everything else?

Food is taxed in most places, bandages, eyeglasses, ... those are needs. Just because you need something doesn't mean it violates your human rights to tax it, does it?

Getting all upset about taxes on tampons seems to be a reach to me. And makes us look like whiny brats to be honest.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noneya73
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:18 PM
9 moms liked this

It's more about the fact that women's versions of things like soap,shampoos razors and shaving cream cost more then the exact same thing for men
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:18 PM
36 moms liked this

Tampons are taxed as a luxury, that is what makes us upset. Feminine hygiene products are not a luxury item and shouldn't be taxed as such.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:20 PM
6 moms liked this
It's never EVER been an issue before and it's silly that the taxation on tampons is such an issue now. I don't have time in my life to worry about trivial things like this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:21 PM
Human rights? No. Does it make me happy as a consumer? No.
horcruxnumber8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:22 PM
4 moms liked this
I think they stopped taxing tampon and pads in my state, or they pushed a bill through. I'm not sure.

No, I don't feel violated because tampons are taxed. I wish they wouldn't be so expensive though! 7 bucks a box for cotton bullets to shove up your vagina 5-7 days a month is a rediculous price to pay.
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:24 PM
25 moms liked this
It's about it having a luxury tax. Tampons and pads aren't a luxury. A new 70' TV is a luxury. Something that keeps you from bleeding all over your clothes and furniture is not a luxury. If men needed tampons and pads, you can be sure it wouldn't be considered a luxury item.
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't wear paper tampons or pads so this doesn't apply to me. But hygiene products are not a luxury item and shouldn't be taxed as such.
Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:25 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't use tampons anymore.  I have a Diva Cup.  So honestly, I don't give a crap about the taxation of tampons.  And I don't see the "bigger rights issue" behind it either.

ThatDancerGirl
by Emma on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Exactly.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Tampons are taxed as a luxury, that is what makes us upset. Feminine hygiene products are not a luxury item and shouldn't be taxed as such.  

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:26 PM
5 moms liked this

We don't pay taxes on aspirin, bandaids or cold meds in my state so we shouldn't pay taxes on tampons either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)