Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't have insurance so it doesn't matter anyway

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
So I found out today I have a tumor on my spine. It isn't for sure but based on other symptoms they believe it is cancerous. I only found out because I went to the er for back/neck pain and weakness and tingling in my arm.

I have no insurance. So theres exactly nothing I can do about it. I don't even want to tell my kids or my boyfriend because it will just make them worry and be sad when there's no way to get treatment so it is what it is. Cancerous or not I have to just live with it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:54 PM
You need to see the hospital social worker asap to help you get on state assisted medical insurance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:56 PM
I don't qualify unless I move out of my boyfriend's house. He makes too much. I tried to get on state insurance and was denied when I lost my exhusbands insurance.

Quoting jkleinman: You need to see the hospital social worker asap to help you get on state assisted medical insurance.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:56 PM

so that's it, you're just giving up, you're gonna accept a painful death?

Sorry to hear that.

Wish you the best.

SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:57 PM

That's something you need to find a way to get treatment for...

almburr
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:57 PM
Speak with social at the hospital
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:58 PM
Don't have much of a choice. I can't get on state insurance unless I move out of my boyfriend's house. I literally have nowhere else to go and cannot afford to live by myself with my kids.

Quoting mmm2015:

so that's it, you're just giving up, you're gonna accept a painful death?

Sorry to hear that.

Wish you the best.

Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:58 PM
If you aren't married then have him "rent" you a room. So long as you are a tenant his income would not apply.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't qualify unless I move out of my boyfriend's house. He makes too much. I tried to get on state insurance and was denied when I lost my exhusbands insurance.

Quoting jkleinman: You need to see the hospital social worker asap to help you get on state assisted medical insurance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:00 PM
I have no income. All of the income in our home is his but it's too high for state insurance. So renting isn't an option. No job no money to pay rent.

Quoting Isaacsmom913: If you aren't married then have him "rent" you a room. So long as you are a tenant his income would not apply.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't qualify unless I move out of my boyfriend's house. He makes too much. I tried to get on state insurance and was denied when I lost my exhusbands insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:00 PM
So get married and on his insurance. Go apply for an ACA plan. You need to do something quickly before pre existing conditions become excludable again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:00 PM
This is one of the things I have always worried about - we've always had coverage and sometimes had to work multiple jobs to afford it.

It's not too late for you to get coverage - at least before they change it. Currently all companies must accept pre-existing conditions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)