Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought I was in Walmart!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I was at Kroger grocery shopping and I noticed this kid, maybe 8-9, acting like an idiot like most 8-9 year old boys do. Just running and jumping around and his parents didn't care.

Well I'm getting some water and the kid is walking backwards through the store. Just carelessly and not watching where he was going.

If I hadn't been paying attention I would have rammed into him. But I was so I stayed put.

He ended up walking backwards and clipping my cart anyways. To which he responded like he'd been shot or something. Crying, carrying on.

His parents were two aisles over and came to investigate and got all pissy with me. They said I should have moved. I told them they were right-I should have moved and rammed their brat with my cart but I was trying to stay put and he clipped my cart anyways. Then I walked away while they were muttering under their breath things I didn't catch.

If I didn't know better I'd say I was in Walmart not Kroger lol. Who lets their kid act a fool in a store and then walk around the store backwards? My 7 year old ASD child and my 4 year old even know better than that.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:09 PM
I would have told them they should teach their child to behave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:08 AM

bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:10 AM
Well geez, you should have just body slammed the kid, that'll teach him!

Jk
Manic_Sinner
by ✨Makeup Momma✨ on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:12 AM
Some people just don't care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:14 AM
Can you come run over my kid please? Damn 8 yo ds drives me crazy when shopping. I'm always telling him to pay attention or he'll get run over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:16 AM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

How do you people manage to find so much drama at the grocery store.  Seriously, you had one job...

TheAnnieMac
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:17 AM
Make him sit in the cart a couple times and reiterate that inside the cart is where babies who can't behave properly belong. When you do next let him walk, make him keep one hand on the cart at all tines. I bet he'll be at least 75% better behaved next time you let him walk on his own.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Can you come run over my kid please? Damn 8 yo ds drives me crazy when shopping. I'm always telling him to pay attention or he'll get run over.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:21 AM
He's obviously not mature enough to be alone in the aisle. I would have said he's your problem not mine. Make him say sorry for running into me and make him hold your hand until you're leaving because you need to teach him how to act.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:22 AM
I already do that but at this point I can no longer physically put him in the cart nor can I push it. He is too big and my body is too broken. :0/

Quoting TheAnnieMac: Make him sit in the cart a couple times and reiterate that inside the cart is where babies who can't behave properly belong. When you do next let him walk, make him keep one hand on the cart at all tines. I bet he'll be at least 75% better behaved next time you let him walk on his own.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Can you come run over my kid please? Damn 8 yo ds drives me crazy when shopping. I'm always telling him to pay attention or he'll get run over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:22 AM
Unfortunately idiots shop everywhere, not just Walmart like we hope.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)