• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eggs are not dairy

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:17 PM
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this
Just FYI.

I can't seem to get people to understand irl that eggs are not dairy and therefore do not contain lactose. No, Lactaid is not beneficial or necessary when someone eats eggs if they are lactose intolerant. This seems to be a difficult concept for some reason.
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:19 PM
Omg I had this conversation yesterday. I was baking a cake for a child who has a dairy allergy and my friend said I couldn't use eggs.

I couldn't even believe I'm friends with such a person.
o.O....
by Cara on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:20 PM
I had to explain this to my masters degree holding fiancée recently. He thought they were diary because they're in the dairy section 🙄
uglysweater
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:20 PM

LMAO!

Trouser.Mouse
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:21 PM
It's unbelievable how many people actually think this. I just look at them sideways because I can't believe a grown person doesn't understand.

Quoting imthatgirl0607: Omg I had this conversation yesterday. I was baking a cake for a child who has a dairy allergy and my friend said I couldn't use eggs.

I couldn't even believe I'm friends with such a person.
Trouser.Mouse
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:23 PM
It is seriously a widespread belief. It is unbelievable...lol.

Quoting o.O....: I had to explain this to my masters degree holding fiancée recently. He thought they were diary because they're in the dairy section 🙄
mrsmom110
by NO on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:24 PM

Really?  Do those people think the chickens are milked?  lol

I had a co-worker tell me the other day that when they were out west, a person buying "bear spray" asked the cashier how soon before going on their hike they should spray it on their kids.   hahahaha

It's sad & funny all at the same time. 

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:24 PM
Do people actually think that??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:26 PM
Oh my god. I had this exact conversation this weekend. I don't eat dairy but I was eating eggs and one of my coworkers just did not get it. He kept asking why I was eating them and I kept explaining that there was no dairy of any kind in them. Around and around.
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Quoting mrsmom110:

Really?  Do those people think the chickens are milked?  lol

I had a co-worker tell me the other day that when they were out west, a person buying "bear spray" asked the cashier how soon before going on their hike they should spray it on their kids.   hahahaha

It's sad & funny all at the same time. 

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:26 PM
lol I love it!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)