• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My bf's daughter cries and throws a fit everytime she leaves my house

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
I do a lot his DD(4) when she's here. He get her Almist every weekend and Thursdays 6-8. We read, color, play dresses, etc. She's very spoiled and used to getting her way. She throws a fit or gets bossy at times. I basically always correct her and cease doing whatever activity until she calms down and/ or apligizes and changes her tune. It works rather well. Anyways, you'd think with how extremely mad ate she gets, she wouldn't wabt to be around me, but nope. It's gotten worse the more time she spends with me. She even told her dad he can go but she'll stay here with me. She cries and reaches for me everytime she leaves and even likes to call me mom sometimes. Now I do tell her that's not the case, but I don't understands why she's so attached to me. I don't spoil her like her mom and dad do, I correct her and try to teach her what's appropriate. He said this is just what she does. He also told me that she told him she just sits in her room at home and her mom really doesn't do anything with her. idk how exaggerated that is....
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
QuietNarrative
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
You give her love and a safe place with boundaries. Kids need that. Thanks for giving it to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:31 PM
That was sweet

Quoting QuietNarrative: You give her love and a safe place with boundaries. Kids need that. Thanks for giving it to her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)