Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And this is why I don't have insurance and Obamcare aka ACA is uselsss

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies

Mobile Photo

I went on, I applied and this is the cheapest plan they had for my dh and myself. Well I can't afford that and with the deductible being so high it would be useless
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Yea, but if you come down with cancer, you only have to pay 14,300, not the hundreds of thousands you'd have to pay with no insurance.

I had Obamacare all of last year. Yes, it sucked and I avoided going to the doctor. But if it wasn't for Obamacare, I literally would not have had insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:45 PM
😢
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:46 PM
What is the penalty fine?
lalalamama
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:47 PM
Oh wow... Your country already pays more per capita for health care then other western countries with universal health care. What went wrong?!
-White.Rabbit-
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Fuck. So thankful that we have Tricare. :X

JaniceLitman
by Ohh. My. Gawd! on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This is the plans on the marketplace for us. We chose a pla. Off the market place that's $1000 for a silver plan...not even gold. Freaking silver.

But I'm not complaining and blaming Obamacare. This shit was going on long before Obama care, hell I was paying 500 bucks a month for a plan just for myself that didn't cover everything that they have to cover now.

Do you qualify for a subsidy?
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, but with insurance, you get checkups with no charge.

And it doesn't take much to go over that $14K.  My husband shattered his collarbone riding is bicycle (well technically hitting the pavement).  Surgery to implant a titanium rod, and all assorted doctor/ER visits - $35K.  Laproscopic appendectomy for my 20 year old daughter - $25K, and she was only in the hospital for 12 hours.  Luckily, they had the good sense to do this in the same calendar year! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Honey, if you think $500 is alot for insurance premiums for you and your Dh, wait until the ACA is completely repealed! I wish I could get insurance for my Dh and I for only $500 a month!!! I pay $300 a month for premiums for insurance through work and that's just for me. Oh and my deductible is $6000.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:50 PM

$14,000/year?!  We would never be able to afford that.  We have private insurance and the $1500 deductible/max can be tough.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this
It would be useless to me. I would be pay $500 a month for something I can't use and I would be paying out of pocket. I might as well save that$500

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Yea, but if you come down with cancer, you only have to pay 14,300, not the hundreds of thousands you'd have to pay with no insurance.

I had Obamacare all of last year. Yes, it sucked and I avoided going to the doctor. But if it wasn't for Obamacare, I literally would not have had insurance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)