• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety/no sleep

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

My exs wife has been complaining of anxiety attacks and lack of sleep lately. They want more custody of my kids though. I'm not sure im a fan of someone who is having constant anxiety attacks and not sleeping having my kids as much as they want them. My ex wants to put all of his responsibility onto his wife and while shes not my favorite person i dont believe she deserves all that stress. She wont budge though and is supporting what he wants. Should i bring this up to my lawyer?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:16 PM
Sure, run it by your attorney, lol. There is nothing the courts will do. She is not a danger to herself or others.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:17 PM
I don't know, I have anxiety and panic attacks at night.

Hardy get any sleep. But I manage to tale care of 3 kids on my own effectively.

I'd give it a try but be keep an eye on things
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:18 PM

I'm not asking in a bad way. im not trying to be a bitch bm. shes obviously stressed out and putting 3 kids onto her all the time isnt going to make it better. shes not sleeping and having break downs. thats not good for her or my kids

Quoting iwicked: Sure, run it by your attorney, lol. There is nothing the courts will do. She is not a danger to herself or others.

Dardenella
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:20 PM

Yes you should.  Whether he feels that it would be helpful to you is another thing.  Your lawyer should have as many facts as possible before going into the courtroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:20 PM

From what shes said things are getting harder for her. she broke down the other day because she was finally able to fall asleep just to have her daughter wake her up and stay up all night. she would be responsible for 4 kids all by herself and normally she only has to deal with 1.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't know, I have anxiety and panic attacks at night. Hardy get any sleep. But I manage to tale care of 3 kids on my own effectively. I'd give it a try but be keep an eye on things

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:21 PM
Have you spoken to her?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'm not asking in a bad way. im not trying to be a bitch bm. shes obviously stressed out and putting 3 kids onto her all the time isnt going to make it better. shes not sleeping and having break downs. thats not good for her or my kids

Quoting iwicked: Sure, run it by your attorney, lol. There is nothing the courts will do. She is not a danger to herself or others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:22 PM

ok good you see where im coming from. im not trying to be a bitch or anything. im genuinely worried about sm and my kids. she cant be sleeping or breaking down mulitple times while caring for the kids. i know it will overwhelm her with what all my ex wants her to do

Quoting Dardenella:

Yes you should.  Whether he feels that it would be helpful to you is another thing.  Your lawyer should have as many facts as possible before going into the courtroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:24 PM

yes and she tells me quite often that she is overwhelmed during the weekend. my ex works weekends and shes left with the kids by herself and she cant catch up on sleep so when she goes back to work on monday shes exhausted. but when i tell her its not a good idea to change custody she will jump on me like their dad does and tells me he deserves this or that and that she will be ok.

Quoting iwicked: Have you spoken to her?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Dardenella
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:33 PM

It sounds as though you are rightfully concerned about your children and periferally her and her child.

If she is having stress to that point she needs to be under a doctor's care (I am not talking hospital) More than likely she will be on some meds to help her and that takes time.  Time for her body to adjust and time to be sure the meds are right for her.  This is not the time to change the situation on her.  He is asking to much of her.  Honestly in a household with just one child and having several little "invaders  LOL" is stressful enough even if you know they are going home in a few hours.   DD decided to watch the neice and nephews and coy a frantic call from a friend about  her sitter being sick.  I was with her with  the 8 kids and it was  just a serious jump up from her 3 yo. and infant.

What happens to your children when she breaks down in tears?   I hate to say it but kids can be mean and might also purposefully push her once they find out the weakness.  

I think you are trying to look at all sides and where a little more time later on down the road might be a good thing, right now you just feel it is not the safest thing for anyone but your ex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

yea she keeps talking about going to a doctor to get on meds. shes not the type that will even take a tylenol for a headache so i know somethings seriously wrong with her. yes i believe he is putting too much on her but he doesnt care and she goes along with what he says with everything. the kids say she will leave the room and leave them alone. the other day she fell asleep while they ran around the house. its not good for either.

Quoting Dardenella:

It sounds as though you are rightfully concerned about your children and periferally her and her child.

If she is having stress to that point she needs to be under a doctor's care (I am not talking hospital) More than likely she will be on some meds to help her and that takes time.  Time for her body to adjust and time to be sure the meds are right for her.  This is not the time to change the situation on her.  He is asking to much of her.  Honestly in a household with just one child and having several little "invaders  LOL" is stressful enough even if you know they are going home in a few hours.   DD decided to watch the neice and nephews and coy a frantic call from a friend about  her sitter being sick.  I was with her with  the 8 kids and it was  just a serious jump up from her 3 yo. and infant.

What happens to your children when she breaks down in tears?   I hate to say it but kids can be mean and might also purposefully push her once they find out the weakness.  

I think you are trying to look at all sides and where a little more time later on down the road might be a good thing, right now you just feel it is not the safest thing for anyone but your ex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)