Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My new vehicle

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
Is an automatic but it can also shift like a manual vehicle. It kind freaked me out today because I have never seen one like that. Anyone else ever get a car like that. dh likes it. Me I will just drive it like automatic. I can't drive a stick
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:25 PM

you should seriously learn to drive a stick. It's soo much better

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:28 PM
I owned a stick at one point and HATED it. It was a sport car and I was in my 20s. I had to drive the thing for about 3 years before I could get out of the lease or trade it in (too long ago...don't remember), but seriously...that was 3 years of hell. The worst was when I would have to brake at a stoplight on a hill (which in my town was about every stoplight lol)...I would roll back a damn 50 feet before I could get it going forward. SO many almost collisions.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

FrankNFurter
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:30 PM
My car now and previous car has the pedal shifters on the steering wheel. Never used them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:31 PM
My dh knows how. He was supposed to show me but never did. But the stick he used to have his car was supped up so he said he wouldn't show me in that one and we haven't owned one since.
My mom says she like it better than a automatic.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:31 PM

How or why did you have a lease on a vehicle that you didn't like? Did someone else pick it out for you? 

Quoting Anonymous 3: I owned a stick at one point and HATED it. It was a sport car and I was in my 20s. I had to drive the thing for about 3 years before I could get out of the lease or trade it in (too long ago...don't remember), but seriously...that was 3 years of hell. The worst was when I would have to brake at a stoplight on a hill (which in my town was about every stoplight lol)...I would roll back a damn 50 feet before I could get it going forward. SO many almost collisions.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:34 PM
I bought (or leased...again...forever ago) with my husband...he loved it. I was driving our old car. About three months after getting the car, we split because he was cheating. I had the bigger income and the car was in my name and our older car had been in his name...so that's how the judge split them. Sucked!

Quoting MikeysMom22:

How or why did you have a lease on a vehicle that you didn't like? Did someone else pick it out for you? 

Quoting Anonymous 3: I owned a stick at one point and HATED it. It was a sport car and I was in my 20s. I had to drive the thing for about 3 years before I could get out of the lease or trade it in (too long ago...don't remember), but seriously...that was 3 years of hell. The worst was when I would have to brake at a stoplight on a hill (which in my town was about every stoplight lol)...I would roll back a damn 50 feet before I could get it going forward. SO many almost collisions.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:35 PM
almost every car has that these days
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:36 PM
See until today I have never owned a car newer than a 2007.

Quoting CannotCount: almost every car has that these days
MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:38 PM

Ugh!!! So every time you drove the car hating every minute of it, you were probably trying not to think of the ex hubby. Sorry, I made you relive that to tell me the story. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: I bought (or leased...again...forever ago) with my husband...he loved it. I was driving our old car. About three months after getting the car, we split because he was cheating. I had the bigger income and the car was in my name and our older car had been in his name...so that's how the judge split them. Sucked!
Quoting MikeysMom22:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:39 PM
Our 2002 Jetta had it. It's not that new of a thing.

Quoting Anonymous 1: See until today I have never owned a car newer than a 2007.

Quoting CannotCount: almost every car has that these days
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)