Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(Long Post!!!) My disease could land me in jail or worse, loose my kids. Need SERIOUS help!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 282 Replies

Ok here is the issue. I have Fibromyalgia. (for those who dont know, it is a chronic pain disorder that causes severe pain of many kinds, fatigue, and an extremely wide variety of other symptoms) Over the years it has slowly gotten worse, and in the last year and a half it has rapidly gotten worse. Beggining right before school started, mornings became increasingly difficult for me. It has now gotten to the point where i literally cannot get myself out of bed without someone there to help me. I either sleep through any and all of the 10 million alarms i set, on 2 different alarm clocks. Or if im lucky enough that it wakes me up, it takes me a while before i can calm the pain enough to get up, if i do get up i end up very dizzy and nauseous/vomitting. I end up having to sit or lie back down, and cant keep myself awake long enough to get it together. My insurance doesnt kick in for another few weeks, and i havent had any over the past year, so i cant get help from a doctor just yet. I have tried every natural remedy, trick, anything i could think of or found in research online. It just doesnt work. The only thing that has been able to get me up and keep me awake is when my 2 year old wakes up crying, i guess motherly instincts override my pain (not to mention who can sleep through a screaming baby for very long) but even with her sleeping in my room, somehow my alarms dont even wake her up (only god knows how SHE sleeps through them) I am desperate, i am terrified. My daughter is an hour or 2 late to school nearly every day. I have nobody else who can take her, and she is old enough that i can be charged with truancy. I have spoken with the school and attendance officer about this issue, so they at least do know what is going on, but i know that if this continues it will not matter how sick i am, and im also afraid she will start falling behind in her work. It seems to me that the only logical solution for the moment is to enroll her in the online public or charter school, or to do homeschooling. From what i have read i cannot do either of these things until the next school year starts.

My question is, does anyone know of any ways around this? Will they transfer in the middle of the year if you can prove special circumstances? Are there any options that i am overlooking? (I live in NC) This is killing me to know that i could end up loosing my children over something i have no control over. Having this disease has already ruined so much of my life, i cannot let it take my children from me!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Where is her father?
jws120567
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Can you hire a nanny to get them up and ready in the mornings?  Sounds like you need help, can you afford to bring someone in to help you?

md3mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:25 PM
How old are your children? How do they get to school? Walkers or bus riders?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:25 PM
9 moms liked this
If you can get up when your two year old cries, you can get up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:26 PM

He is at work during the hours we need to be up and get to school. We have tried to get him on a different shift when spots open up, but as of right now he doesnt get them because other guys have been there longer.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Where's their dad. My mom had fibromyalgia. My friend has it. sure it sucks but they got their kids up for school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:28 PM

I wish that were an option. I had thought of that, and have looked around for one hoping i would find someone with a cheap enough rate we could afford it, but so far no luck.

Quoting jws120567:

Can you hire a nanny to get them up and ready in the mornings?  Sounds like you need help, can you afford to bring someone in to help you?

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Where in NC do you live?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:31 PM
7 moms liked this
Record your baby crying and make it your alarm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Then you should know that this disease is different for EVERYONE. Its different for the same person from day to day. Im glad they were able to do so, but for the moment this is physically impossible for me. But hey if you think you can come up with a way to get me up that i havent already tried, by all means let me hear it. And their father is at work during the hours we need to get up.

Quoting RaynesMommy07: Where's their dad. My mom had fibromyalgia. My friend has it. sure it sucks but they got their kids up for school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)