• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online schooling

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Anyone use James Madison high school? I told my ex to look into when he get my daughter. But I was wondering if anyone uses it and what is your experience. It is completely online.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:56 PM
My son does online learning, but a different curriculum. He does well but you have to oversee him still. He's 8.
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:58 PM
We haven't used that. We use www.acellus.com, www.khanacademy.com, and www.mobymax.com
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2017 at 12:31 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 27, 2017 at 12:34 AM
No. We use Connections Academy. But mine are only in middle school so have a few years before high school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2017 at 12:35 AM
They do credit recovery in summer and she will need that as well because she is seriously behind

Quoting Anonymous 3: No. We use Connections Academy. But mine are only in middle school so have a few years before high school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 27, 2017 at 12:37 AM
Online school SUCKS!! I did it and quit and just got my GED. Passed it with a really high score and got pinned at their ceremony for national honor society.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2017 at 12:39 AM
She can't get her GED THERE until age 18. And he wants he doing something as well instead of sitting home all day doing nothing

Quoting Anonymous 4: Online school SUCKS!! I did it and quit and just got my GED. Passed it with a really high score and got pinned at their ceremony for national honor society.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 27, 2017 at 12:45 AM
Can she go to a private school?
How old is she?
I live in Ohio. I did mine in 07, my mom had to sign me out of school officially with the superintendent and I had to meet and have a sit down alone one on one with him beforehand too. That was kinda intimidating. Lol I was 17.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She can't get her GED THERE until age 18. And he wants he doing something as well instead of sitting home all day doing nothing

Quoting Anonymous 4: Online school SUCKS!! I did it and quit and just got my GED. Passed it with a really high score and got pinned at their ceremony for national honor society.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)