Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressed Out Wedding Planning **Pic Heavy**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

OMG I'm ready to pull my hair out!!!

Wedding party drama with my future SIL and BIL (he cheated with one of the town sluts at work....we all work together). DF and I just announced that we are expecting and EDD is 29 days before our wedding.

I'm ordering my dress in a month that way I'm close to halfway through this pregnancy and should be close to size afterwards.

We're doing a popcorn bar as favors since the wedding is a bit laid back.

Venues are booked - park for the ceremony and the local American Legion for our reception. - 400 total for both for all day.

Dinner menu is set: BBQ pork and fried chicken, French fries, Mac n cheese, coke slaw, and corn on the cob.

A friend of ours is building us a few corn hole so we can have fun and play during the reception.

Flowers and cake appointments are scheduled.

DF is taking care of getting a DJ and photographer.

Colors have been picked and changed once.

I feel like I'm forgetting something big but my mind can't think of it. Can you ladies think of it??

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:02 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Music, transportation to and from for all, Rehearsal and dinner afterwards, photographer/videographer, drinks alcohol or not, speeches
Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:11 AM
Drinks,are you having alcohol, soda/soft drink bar,...What about appetizers,not important IMO. Decor for the hall,gifts for attendants. Just a few things I thought of
Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Drinks,are you having alcohol, soda/soft drink bar,...What about appetizers,not important IMO. Decor for the hall,gifts for attendants. Just a few things I thought of
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:21 AM
Officiant?
Z_mommy
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:25 AM

Wedding favors for the guests.. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:28 AM
Rehearsal dinner - we talked about going to the next big town to Texas Roadhouse and then to the bars in our town.

Alcohol is fighting words right now - df will be sober 2 years and a month at our wedding. I say no he says he's fine and his family will expect it

Quoting Anonymous 2: Music, transportation to and from for all, Rehearsal and dinner afterwards, photographer/videographer, drinks alcohol or not, speeches
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
The dress is gorgeous but it seems out of place for a wedding this "laid back". That is an extreme dress meant for a different style of celebration. With that said, good luck and congrats!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:31 AM
We're doing a popcorn bar in either mason jars or Chinese takeout cartons

Quoting Z_mommy:

Wedding favors for the guests.. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry did I read you were giving away popcorn as a wedding favor?! Oh Lord
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)