Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thyroid....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Anyone had an enlarged thyroid?
Parathyroid?
Or had theirs removed?

Symptoms? How long before you had surgery? Do you feel better?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devilish_One
by Princess of Darkness on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:02 AM
My brother in law doesn't have one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:10 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:13 AM
I had graves disease and had mine removed. I felt a million times better after it was out. From the onset to when it was removed was a little over a year. It developed during pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:17 AM
Can you share your symptoms?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had graves disease and had mine removed. I felt a million times better after it was out. From the onset to when it was removed was a little over a year. It developed during pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:18 AM

The thyroid and parathyroid are two different things that control completely different things. My parathyroid levels were high last year and I was put on Vit D to help my calcium levels and that helped lower the parathyroid numbers so it all evened out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:23 AM
Now or before it was removed? Before symptoms included: rapid heartbeat, one time it was 144 just sitting relaxed, I was hot all the time, I had a large lump on my throat, I lost weight, I was down to 79 lbs when I had the surgery, I was normally low 90s. I couldn't stand still without feeling like I was going to pass out. Also my eyes kinda bulged out some. Not a good look. Are you being tested for hyperthyroidism?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Can you share your symptoms?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had graves disease and had mine removed. I felt a million times better after it was out. From the onset to when it was removed was a little over a year. It developed during pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:26 AM
I know they are 2 different things.
But located in the throat.

My thyroid levels have been elevated. I always feel like I'm being choked. My neck is swollen. I can't loose.weight, despite RX mess and exercise 2hrd a day ( and a strict diet) I am always fatigued. Started snoring...

Those were the 2 main things, after all we have actually ruled out, that are likely to blame. Based on symptoms. Until I get an ultrasound on my throat. And even more blood work

Quoting Anonymous 3:

The thyroid and parathyroid are two different things that control completely different things. My parathyroid levels were high last year and I was put on Vit D to help my calcium levels and that helped lower the parathyroid numbers so it all evened out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:29 AM
Thank you.
I currently am not being treated for anything. I've been shuffled from Dr to Dr. But this new one yesterday seemed on the ball.

I always feel like i am being choked and my neck is swollen. I've been " treated" with allergy pills, shots, and reflux meds. None of which have helped.

I can not loose weight despite RX meds and working out.
I am always tired. Never hungry.

And started snoring . When the choking feeling started.

It's been almost 2yrs now

Quoting Anonymous 2: Now or before it was removed? Before symptoms included: rapid heartbeat, one time it was 144 just sitting relaxed, I was hot all the time, I had a large lump on my throat, I lost weight, I was down to 79 lbs when I had the surgery, I was normally low 90s. I couldn't stand still without feeling like I was going to pass out. Also my eyes kinda bulged out some. Not a good look. Are you being tested for hyperthyroidism?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Can you share your symptoms?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:35 AM

Did they not talk about putting you on thyroid meds when they said your levels were elevated? I believe the swollen neck can go for either hypo or hyper thyroid. My son has hypothyroidism and what brought us to the doctor for him was stomach issues. He's been on synthroid for almost 5 years now and the major issues have gone away. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know they are 2 different things. But located in the throat. My thyroid levels have been elevated. I always feel like I'm being choked. My neck is swollen. I can't loose.weight, despite RX mess and exercise 2hrd a day ( and a strict diet) I am always fatigued. Started snoring... Those were the 2 main things, after all we have actually ruled out, that are likely to blame. Based on symptoms. Until I get an ultrasound on my throat. And even more blood work
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Jessica45
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:38 AM
I just recently had my thyroid removed. However it was removed because of cancer.
Surgery wasn't bad. Minimal pain. The worse part was not being able to move my head completely or as fast right after surgery. Within a week I felt completely fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)